A group of Technical.ly Slack users joined together in our Delaware channel on Monday to discuss all things related to Delaware Innovation Week. A lot of what was discussed was a recap of our “Here’s what you need to know” post, but it was also an opportunity to brainstorm, promote involvement and share excitement.
A lot of great ideas emerged from the chat, including these:
- Tech2gether announced its website and offered a sweet deal to participants (and readers) for 10 percent off early-bird pricing with the code “technicallyslack” (the code expires at noon on Wednesday, Aug. 12, so get to it). Plus, the event is hoping to get hoverboards at this year’s demo pit, as if you needed another reason to go. Speakers for the event will be announced in September and organizers are currently open to recommendations.
- A question was asked about hackathons during Delaware Innovation Week. Currently there are no hackathons 100-percent locked, but a few conversations are in the works. If you’re interested in planning an event, check out the DIW Event Organizer Guide.
- The Emerging Enterprise Center announced plans to host a two-day small business boot camp on Friday, Nov. 13 and Saturday, Nov. 14 at the New Castle County Chamber of Commerce.
- A “Trends and Cocktails” happy hour was suggested as an addition to the calendar.
- We chatted about the Delaware Innovation Week print magazines that will be created and distributed. They include editorial content, a calendar of events, sponsor ads and more. (You can check out all the print mags for past events (like Philly Tech Week and Baltimore Innovation Week) here.) We even had participants show interest in writing a guest post. A variety of venues were recommended as locations for the DIW print magazine to be delivered and distributed. More to come.
- There was interest in a women-in-tech event, promotion of the week across a variety of locations outside of Delaware, a recruiter-focused event and more.
If you missed it, make sure to join our public Technical.ly Slack group for future conversations and cross-market idea sharing. You can also check out the full archive of the #DIW15 Slack Chat in our Delaware channel.-30-
You’re invited to celebrate the Philly region’s Inc. 5000 honorees on Sept. 11
Need help with your elevator pitch? The ‘Pitch Doctor’ is coming to The Mill
The Grand’s new series is all talk
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
27 Delaware breweries, wineries and distilleries convene in Dover
Instagram roundup: Zap World Champs of Skimboarding returns to Dewey
Is Wilmington ready to build relationships with its houseless community?
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware