(Photo by Daniel Hess)
Our tech jobs fair, NET/WORK is coming up March 12. Head to the University of Delaware Horn Program in Entrepreneurship to meet with 15 local organizations who are currently looking for tech talent.
A range of development, design, marketing and management-related positions are available, in addition to internships. Employers are seeking talent in:
- Front-end design
- Back-end development (PHP and Django)
- Object-oriented programming (including Python, Java and other mobile and database development)
- Software and other engineering disciplines
- Product and project management
- IT support
Full-time, part-time, temporary and freelance work will be available. Those interested in internships, connecting with potential cofounders or networking for future opportunities are encouraged to come out.
Take advantage of high-level development talks and professional development while you’re there.
Here’s the agenda:
- 4:00 p.m. | Doors Open. Grab coffee, get your résumé reviewed, take a free headshot, have a mock interview and meet with hiring organizations — all day!
- 4:15-4:45 p.m. | Community Talk. During this talk, led by Mona Parikh of The Archer Group, you’ll get an intro to the Delaware tech scene. Hear from freelancers and other folks active in the community on how to get involved.
- 4:50-5:20 p.m. | Career Talk. Hear professional career advice from Sam Binder, the senior director of technology at Capital One.
- 5:30-6:00 p.m. | Dev Talk. Hear lead developers from The Archer Group present a real-life client case study that was solved via back-end development.
- 6:00-7:00 p.m. | Happy Hour. Grab free beer, snacks and do some networking!
Interested in volunteering? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Week in Jobs: Puppies, Pittsburgh and a plethora of prime positions
This Week in Jobs: Gigs that’ll make mom proud
This Week in Jobs: Itching for a new tech job?
This Week in Jobs: Get drafted to one of these engineering teams
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware