The sixth annual DC Startup Week kicks off next week, hosting a slew of sessions on all things startup grind in the DMV.
From Oct. 18 through 22, DC Startup Week will be hosting hundreds of events including local founder talks, networking opportunities and panels on how to get ahead on the startup scene. This year’s theme: “It’s Your Time,” referring to the many plans founders had to put on hold over the last 18 months that might now get their time to shine.
“As a founder, as being a part of a startup, or in the community of entrepreneurship, the community is so important as you look to grow or expand or even get through the struggles that every entrepreneur faces,” founder Rachel Koretsky told Technical.ly in September. “DC Startup Week really helps bring together the community as a whole and allows you to find the resources [you need].”
The 2021 event has five tracks for sessions: early-stage founder, growth stage, service-based, social impact and culture. This year, Startup Week is offering a free pass as well as a VIP pass for $127.
The majority of the event will be held virtually on Zoom and Attendify, though VIP attendees will have access to additional events such as lunches and an outdoor happy hour held IRL for networking and interaction beyond floating heads on computer screen. Attendees of in-person events must be fully vaccinated or show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 24 hours of the event.
Let's cheers!🍻 You're invited to our outdoor happy hour at @metrobardc on Wednesday, October 20th from 5:30pm-8:30pm.
— DCStartupWeek (@DCstartupweek) October 5, 2021
Here are some events we’re excited to tune into:
- Female Founders: Finding the Right Investors (Monday, Oct. 18) — Speakers including Stephanie Cummings of Please Assist Me talk investing do’s and don’ts.
- Accelerator Showcase: Learn From Local Accelerator Leaders About How They Can Help You Scale (Monday, Oct. 18) — Tune into this accelerator chat showcasing the local offerings (and, nbd, it’s moderated by none other than this Technical.ly reporter).
- The Where We Work Dilemma: Remote, Back to Office or Hybrid? (Tuesday, Oct. 19) — This session covers the great Return to Work and finding what’s best for your company.
- Wellness Talk: Moving to the Rhythm of Nature: Managing and Balancing Our Energy to Improve Performance (Wednesday, Oct. 20) — Representatives from wellness and retreat firm WYLD Leadership host a panel on work-life balance strategies.
- Choosing Co-Founders: How to Build a Top Startup Team (Thursday, Oct. 21) — Learn about how to build the leadership team that work best for you and your company.
- What It Really Means To Fundraise: SEED SPOT (Friday, Oct. 22) — Leadership and alumni offer tips and tricks on raising capital.
Other noteworthy sessions include fireside chats with Marcus Bullock of Flikshop and Sorcero’s Dipanwita Das; Mastering a Pitch Deck That Gets You Funding, and Securing Corporate Partnerships and Sponsorships to Grow Your Business.-30-