Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
It’s easy to fall into the trap of believing that no one is seeing all the hard work that you’re putting in, whether you’re developing a skill or learning something for the first time.
But it’s important to keep yourself focused and not let those thoughts slow you down. Eventually, you’ll get the recognition you deserve. That’s what Homestead Farm in Poolesville, Maryland did in order to get some shine.
The farm was recognized by Yelp as one of the top 20 spots to go apple picking in the country, coming in at No. 11. You’d think the list would be littered with different spots all around New York only, but this underdog made the cut.
So the next time you feel as if no one is appreciating the work you’re putting in to develop yourself as a viable worker, remember that there could always be someone waiting to give you your props.
Technical.ly wants your feedback: Take our community survey by the end of September to help us better meet your local tech info needs. As thanks, we’re picking a handful of survey takers to win a $50 gift card or a signed copy of Guy Raz’s book, “How I Built This.”
University entrepreneurship centers are a growing economic engine for Baltimore. The Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers’ conference, to be held at Loyola University Maryland and University of Baltimore in October, will give them a national platform.
The Cybersecurity Association of Maryland revealed award winners for the 2021 MD Cybersecurity Awards last week. Here’s who made the cut.
No-code app developer Appdrop is looking to use its service to help local founders launch their startups as quickly as possible.
- Stardog is on the lookout for a DevOps Engineer.
- Interested in taking on a leadership role? Join Aquicore as an Engineering Manager.
- FiscalNote needs a Principal Site Reliability Engineer.
- Clean energy company WattBuy is hiring a Senior Front End Engineer.
- cloudtamer.io is searching for a Senior Software Engineer.
- GetWellNetwork is bringing on a Data Engineer.
- PayPal is looking to give a recent college graduate an opportunity as a Software Engineer.
- Axios is seeking to hire a Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
- Forum One is looking for a Front End Developer.
- Evolent Health needs a Lead Software Engineer.
- Technical.ly is bringing on a Fall Business Team Intern.
- Crossbeam is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Software solutions provider Infinite Blue is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
We’ll pick up again next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.