Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Baby, you’re a firework
Some days, you go to work thinking you’ll discover immorality, but invent fireworks instead. Or, at least that was the case around 800 AD, when an unsuspecting alchemist mixed sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate. Long story short, that combination is actually gunpowder, not the elixir of eternal life. The solution was packed in tubes and lit on fire to create some of the earliest iterations of the firework.
It’s wild to think that the alchemist might’ve been bummed out that he failed at eternal life instead of being ecstatic about inventing fireworks.
That mistake must’ve really blown up in his face.
Game on! Check out these promising 31 students who were awarded scholarships from the Entertainment Software Association.
B-360 focuses on STEM education with a side of dirt biking. Learn how this Baltimore-based program is growing with an infusion of funding.
Software company MassLight kicks off its anticipated twice-a-year accelerator with a $100k investment in six local startups.
bwtech@UMBC wrapped up its first cohort for the Maryland New Venture Fellowship for Cybersecurity, awarding CyDeploy $10,000 in the final pitch competition.
- MapBox is hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
- Join EVERFI as a Senior Engineer to help create innovative education technology.
- 202 Group is looking for a Data Scientist/Engineer.
- Want to help others find work? Nava is seeking a Technical Recruiter.
- cloudtamer.io is searching for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Head back to campus! The University of Maryland Baltimore County is hiring an IT Systems Programmer.
- International Software Systems is on the lookout for a WebFOCUS Developer.
- Interested in working at the intersection of digital visibility and protection? ZeroFOX is looking for an IT Specialist.
- Higher Logic is seeking a Product Manager.
- Ready to kick off a career in IT? The Washington Football Team is searching for a Desktop Support Specialist.
- Azavea wants a User Experience Designer to join its growing team.
- Global consulting firm 47 Degrees is hiring a Senior Scala Software Engineer.
Here’s hoping your next mistake on the job creates something that people ohh and ahh over some odd 1,200 years later.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.