Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Welcome Back, omino ugar!
Domino Sugar Baltimore is restoring the iconic glowing letters that for years have shined each night above the Inner Harbor. After taking down the roughly 70-year-old neon-lit letters, they’re being replaced with LEDs, letter by letter.
The most recent addition: “ug” — fitting for a midweek morning.
On to the jobs!
Flatiron School, offering immersive bootcamps in software development, data science, cybersecurity and product design, is providing $3,000 to students who identify as women. It’s part of the school’s Women Take Tech initiative, aimed at empowering the next generation of diverse tech talent.
RealLIST Connectors is here! Check out the leaders in D.C., Baltimore and NoVa who have made it their mission to keep community building in the tech, entrepreneurship and innovation sectors, even during a pandemic.
A little over a year after launch, Community Wealth Builders is boasting a new crop of Baltimore companies seeking capital and investors on the Maryland Neighborhood Exchange. Instead of using Robinhood to invest in a company nationally, the platform allows residents to invest in the mom-and-pop shop next door. Among the offerings: e-Bless, an electronic giving and gifting platform to help churches and other nonprofits save money on taking in donations, and reward people for giving.
- Monumental Sports and Entertainment, which owns and operates the Washington Mystics, Washington Capitals, Washington Wizards, Capital City Go-Go and Wizards District Gaming, is hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
- National Public Radio is seeking a Software Engineer, Subscriptions. We assume the gig comes with a tote bag.
- The Washington Post is looking for a Software Engineer, NativeApps.
- InVita Healthcare Technologies is hiring an Associate Product Manager.
- 14 West in Baltimore is seeking an Enterprise Engineer.
- cloudtamer.io in Fulton is looking for a Senior Account Executive.
- Help keep the (flu) bugs away: The City of Baltimore is hiring a Lead Applications System Programmer – Health Department.
- Axios in Arlington is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
- The Airlines Reporting Corporation in Arlington is looking for a Desktop Support Technician. Be sure to stow your desktop during takeoff and landing.
- Contra (not that Contra) is hiring a Remote Design Ambassador.
- ComplYant is seeking a Remote Developer.
- Bitwave is looking for a Remote Senior Smart Contract Developer.
After a year of pandemic, get out there and enjoy the summer swelter (safely!).