Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
“Triple-double machine” and NBA star Russell Westbrook is apparently fueled by … peanut butter and jelly. The Washington Wizards point guard told GQ that he eats two each game day. Unanswered: Whether he prefers creamy or crunchy.
Chalk one up to the power of routines — onto the jobs!
Digital health is more than just telemedicine — think data security of electronic health records, mobile apps and public health tracking. As the sector rapidly expands, the Chesapeake Digital Health Exchange is working to organize and grow the region’s ecosystem so it becomes the national hub for digital health startups and innovations. Just tell us where to sprinkle the Old Bay.
Cool Job Alert! Healthworx, the innovation and investment arm of health insurer CareFirst, is building a team to drive medical technology towards the future, and work with businesses around the country to do so. Currently, the Canton-based team is hiring for a pair of open positions: innovation strategist and innovation lead.
This Thursday, for all you HR folks: Technical.ly’s annual Introduced conference returns, bringing together company culture-builders from entrepreneurs to people operations pros. The event is free, and also part of the 11th annual Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast.
D.C.-based Revolution’s Rise of the Rest is hitting the virtual road. It’s hosting a digital Tech Talent Tour for jobseekers next month, connecting folks from Silicon Valley, New York and Boston. Of course, D.C. and Baltimore will also be in the spotlight.
We started this section on Old Bay, and we’re ending it there, too: a three-in-one crab mallet called “The Sheller” took the $30,000 top prize at Salisbury University’s business competition, which brought together entrepreneurs from across D.C. and Maryland. If I had a hammer, etc. etc.
- For you mountaintop-oracle types: If you’re “the person that other engineers come to for help solving the hardest problems,” Dataminr is hiring a Principal Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platforms.
- FiscalNote is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to “pioneer industry-leading technologies and toolsets to enable our developers to innovate in record time.”
- Upside — serving business travelers, and also apparently holding to an “upbeat view of the future” — is looking for a Senior Data Engineer.
- The ed. tech firm EVERFI is hiring a Director, Data Engineer.
- cloudtamer.io in Fulton is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
- 14 West in Baltimore is looking for an Enterprise Engineer.
- 2U — me? — in Lanham is hiring a Software Engineer III, Academic Product, for its outward-facing products for faculty and students.
- EQHQ in Bethesda is seeking a Customer Experience Director.
- See how the news gets made: Axios in Arlington is hiring a Senior Back-End Engineer.
- Future Technologies, Inc., in Fairfax is seeking a Senior Software Developer.
- Go4 is hiring a Lead Software Engineer, Full Stack.
- It’s lit! Codelitt is seeking a Remote Customer DevOps Solutions Architect.
- 8th Light, a software developer — not, as you might expect, a menorah brand consultant — is looking for a Remote Senior Developer.
If you need extra incentive to (safely!) head back to the office — or simply take the dog for an extra-long stroll — D.C. is offering free coffee each Monday in May. Shoutout to 730DC for the tip.
Good luck out there on the job hunt!