Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
From writing workshops to anti-violence to the arts, Baltimore Magazine profiled 30 women making their mark on Baltimore’s future.
“My mom was my first mentor and still is,” the incoming Baltimore County Public Library Director Sonia Alcántara-Antoine, one of those profiled, told the publication. “She’s strong, tough as nails, and resilient.”
We gotta hand it to the magazine, we couldn’t put it better: “Sounds like a city we all know and love.” On to the jobs!
Dozens of companies are convening next Thursday, March 18, for NET/WORK 2021. Visit virtual hiring booths, chat on video with hiring managers, tune into live conversations and get matched with employers who have perfect opportunities for you. Registration is live!
These curls are going crypto: DryLand Salon is now accepting Bitcoin — a move apparently tailored to cater to the women in tech who frequent the salon. Let us know when they start accepting #stonks.
Dec. 31, 2024: That’s the deadline for achieving gender parity in the tech industry boardrooms, according to an open letter from the board members of the San Francisco-based Girls in Tech, which has a D.C. chapter. This “Half the Board” pledge is seeking supporters and amplifiers; read up and join the call here.
- The virtual reality startup Floreo — Floreo, Flor-e-oooo! — is hiring a Software Engineer, Gaming.
- CareFirst is looking for an Applications Security Engineer.
- Nava is seeking an experienced Designer/Researcher.
- Radius Networks, helping their clients improve the customer experience, is hiring a Full-Stack Developer.
- cloudtamer.io in Fulton is seeking a Support Engineer.
- 14 West in Baltimore is hiring a Security Engineer.
- Fearless, “building software with a soul” — which, if taken literally, raises some philosophical questions — is looking for a Scrum Master in Baltimore.
- TechTrend in Springfield is hiring a Senior Test Engineer.
- The United Network for Organ Sharing in Richmond is seeking a Senior IT Support Engineer.
- The University of Virginia in Charlottesville is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Backtracks.fm, built for podcasts and spoken-word audio, is hiring a Remote Senior Fullstack Python Developer. Kudos if you can record a Technical.ly spot in Ira Glass-voice.
- Kaleido Health Solutions is seeking a Software Engineer.
If you happen to have space to lease in D.C., the Capital Pool Checkers Association is seeking a home. The group’s spot of 40-plus years is being sold, which means the 20 or so association members now need a new gathering place. They’re accepting donations through a GoFundMe, too. We wish the group the best.
Good luck out there on the job hunt, and here’s hoping your work week leaves you feeling like a king — or, perhaps, a queen.-30-