After 10 startups battled it out at DC Startup Week’s semifinal pitch event on Sept. 14, five were selected to advance to the final round on Friday.
The conference normally concludes with its annual pitch competition, but because everything is virtual this year, DCSW decided to host two pitch events. All 10 entrepreneurs who pitched received a one-hour CFO and tax advisory session with experts at WISS & Company, a free architecture assessment with Technology Rivers, a one-hour strategy consultation with NEXT and a one-hour business performance strategy session with Insperity. The top five startups will also get a free month of office space at WeWork while the first place winner will take home a $1,000 cash prize, a 45-minute session with Pique Coaching and an extra hour with Technology Rivers.
Here are the five ventures that will pitch at DCSW’s final event at 2 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 18 (with descriptions from DCSW):
- SCOUT Inc., developers of a small, inexpensive satellites, to perform in-space inspections of large expensive satellites
- NurtureUp, an online marketplace connecting expectant parents and families to the services they need to successfully transition into parenthood
- AfterrHome, a platform that brings home buyers, realtors and home inspectors together for collaborative, remote livestream home inspections
- Binni, Inc., a construction tech startup that focuses on helping contractors increase productivity by digitizing and streamlining the planning, tracking and reporting of concrete placements
- Yuduyu, creators of a pre-hire assessment test that gets turned into data visualizations of job seekers’ untapped potential
We are partnering with @goodfynd to help support local businesses by taking a lunch break! On Friday, September 18th from 12 -2, local food trucks will be at select locations throughout the DMV. Pre-order your meal now! #dcstartupweek pic.twitter.com/luKD8yhlxx
— DCStartupWeek (@DCstartupweek) September 15, 2020