The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) hosted its inaugural Capital Cyber Awards on Oct. 1, where it honored top cybersecurity companies and executives in the region.
The award ceremony was held at The Ritz-Carlton in Tysons, Virginia, as part of NVTC’s fourth annual Capital Cybersecurity Summit, a half day-long event featuring speakers and panels focusing on cybersecurity technologies, government perspectives on cyber and more.
NVTC reported that there were over 50 nominations across six categories, with 27 finalists overall. The expert panel of judges included Bob Coleman of LookingGlass Cyber Solutions, Todd Headley of ZeroFOX, Tom McDonough of Cisco, Tony Moraco, retired CEO of SAIC, and Jerry Schepers of Praxis Engineering.
“Each applicant is part of this region’s thriving hub of impressive companies and highly skilled individuals,” Bobbie Kilberg President and CEO of NVTC, said in a press release. “We are very pleased to announce the inaugural winners.”
And those winners are:
- Cyber Company Under $25 Million in revenue: ThreatQuotient
- Cyber Company Over $25 Million in revenue: Sonatype
- Cyber CEO of the Year: Amit Yoran from Tenable
- CISO of the Year: Nicole Dean from Accenture Federal Services
- Government CISO of the Year: Clifford Conner from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Cyber Deal of the Year: Endgame