Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Miley and Liam are back on the market. After less than a year of marriage, the celebrity Cyrus-Hemsworth couple are going their separate ways — and, as of press time, Cyrus is keeping the animals. While Hemsworth held up his family’s onscreen action-movie heroics by saving the menagerie from the California wildfires last year, the couple’s seven dogs, four horses (two regular, two mini, for those wondering), three cats and pig will be going to live with Cyrus.
If being a pop superstar isn’t enough to cover for all that food, TWIJ is here with the jobs rundown, in case you’re ready, Miley.
Building a comprehensive database of electronic health records, making those records shareable and ensuring that they’re secure is one of the biggest challenges facing the health industry. That’s why it’s no small thing that Asymmetrik in Maryland recently won a big-time national award for its open-source FHIR server. It was just the latest accolade for the company, which has spent the past 10 years working to improve the world by partnering with a range of government agencies. If that sounds cool to you, you can check out its job openings here.
Nominations are now open for Technical.ly’s inaugural RealLIST Engineers Awards, honoring outstanding and influential technologists in all our markets. These are the real doers — the influential software developers, architects, engineers and others who commit code, problem-solve and build solutions. If you’ve got someone in mind, learn more and nominate them here. And no need for false humility, because you can nominate yourself, too.
We keep hearing great things about the Super Meetup last month in Baltimore. If you missed it, don’t fret! The event’s coming to D.C. Tuesday, Sept. 10. Get to know meetup groups and leaders outside your own meetup network, connect to new contacts, say hello to new friends and maybe even meet your next hire or new client. Plus snacks, free beverages and swag.
- The Washington Post is hiring a Digital Analyst for Audience Development & Analytics. You’ll need three-plus years of data analytics experience; big bonus points for experience in web analytics and digital domains.
- Nava, which builds software for government, is hiring a VP of Engineering to lead and grow its engineering team.
- If you live by ABC, SmartLogic is looking for an Account Executive to seek out and close sales opportunities in the D.C. metro area. The company is also hiring in Baltimore.
- 14 West is hiring a Senior Front-End Developer/Designer in Baltimore.
- SmartLogic is seeking an Account Executive in Baltimore.
- FastSpot is looking for a Business Development Manager in Baltimore to help spearhead digital marketing strategy, interactive design and website development.
- Engineer, heal thyself: Avhana Health, which develops platforms for doctors and nurses, is hiring a Full Stack Engineer.
- Work with booze at your day job. Sestra Systems, a startup that’s developing internet-of-things-based “smart dispensing solutions” for the beverage industry —think precision pouring for wine — is hiring a Full Stack Developer in Sterling for a core development role. The position can also be remote. It includes equity.
- ChurnZero, a startup in Arlington building “customer success software,” is seeking a Customer Success Manager to work with the company’s clients.
- SenseWear, which provides out-of-the-box smart building platforms to help run building-management systems in real time, is hiring a Software Engineer Lead.
- 1 Second Everyday, a video diary app for creating a movie of your (or your child’s) life, is hiring a Remote iOS Developer. If Apple’s not your thing, it is also hiring a Senior Android Developer.
- StayWell is seeking a Senior Software Engineer Team Lead. Candidates must be based in the U.S.
- The Full Stack Developer position at Sestra Systems, available in Sterling, Va., can also be remote.
That’s it! Remember, Technical.ly’s job board is available 24/7; check it out here. Good luck on the job hunt!-30-
Microsoft is bringing a $64M software dev hub and 1.5K jobs to Fairfax County
This Week in Jobs: Poking Our Heads Out Edition
How I Work (from home): Claire Sharp, head of Americas at Kaiserwetter
Want to land a job in tech? This career coach from Flatiron School has some pointers
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc