Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Love is all you need — unless, apparently, you’re a music superstar asked to travel I-95. The woebegone organizers of Woodstock 50 finally acknowledged that their efforts to bring back the legendary 1969 music festival — and hold it in Maryland — have failed. After permits were repeatedly denied to hold the event near its original site in New York, organizers scrambled to relocate to Maryland — only to learn that while artists were willing to keep truckin’ Upstate, the DMV was another story. At least they’ve got 30 years to plan the anniversary celebration of Woodstock ‘99.
We heard you like meetups, so we put meetups in a meetup at the Technical.ly Super Meetup 2019. Coming to Baltimore on Aug. 8 and D.C. on Sept. 10, say hello to leaders of tech-related meetups from across the region, connect with groups you may not have known about, mingle with the community — and, hey, maybe even meet your next hire or a new client. Plus snacks, free beverages and plenty of swag.
And while we’re on the topic of making introductions, knctrr in Baltimore is launching a (vowel-free!) way to recommend your friends and contacts for all sorts of jobs in the gig economy. The app’s platform offers a digital form for users to give their trusty go-to-guys and gals warm intros for any number of side hustles, from tutoring to dog walking, babysitting plants, music lessons, coaching and DJing. And anytime that friend lands a job through that connection, you make a commission. Sounds like almost a side-hustle in itself!
- If you’ve got at least six years in finance and accounting, Upside Travel is hiring an Assistant Controller. Bonus if you’ve spent time at a Big Four firm and have startup experience.
- EngagedMD is hiring a Full Stack Software Developer to take the company’s product to the next level. You’ll need at least five years of software development experience and either a B.S. in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- The Washington Post is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join the publication’s subscription team.
- And if sales is more your thing, TransitScreen is looking for an Account Executive with a background in B2B software sales.
- This sounds fun: Improbable is seeking a Senior Platform Software Engineer to join its enterprise platform team working on gaming and entertainment. The company is hiring in Arlington, as well as D.C. and, hey, London.
- Leidos in White Oak is looking for a Lead Database Administrator, contingent upon a contract award to support the Food and Drug Administration.
- Like making connections? Tratify in Baltimore is looking to hire a “well-rounded relationship builder” as its Head of Business Development. You’ll need at least seven years of, ahem, “outbound and inbound deal-making experience in the HR tech industry ecosystem.”
- From Asymmetrik in Annapolis Junction, “if acronyms like MEAN, ELK, and LAMP mean anything to you (other than grumpy woodland light sources),” the company is hiring a Full Stack Developer.
- 14 West in Baltimore is looking for Mobile Application Developer to develop custom mobile applications for Money Map Press.
- Viget in Falls Church is hiring a Digital Project Manager to oversee tasking, budgeting and day-to-day communication with both clients and the company’s internal teams.
- In addition to D.C., Improbable is also hiring a Senior Platform Software Engineer in Arlington to join its enterprise platform team working on gaming and entertainment.
- Legion Athletics is looking for a Director of Inventory and Production.
- Flocknote, “a small, startup dev team with a passion for the Church and making great things,” is hiring a Remote Web Developer.
- For those looking to step into a leadership role, Ascendle, a contract software engineering firm, is looking for a Remote Senior Developer with five to seven years of development experience and an interest in leading teams.
- Help solve challenges in the global food industry by joining Motiion as a Remote Software Engineer.
That’s it! Keep up with the good vibes and good luck on the job hunt!-30-
Tysons-based TheIncLab expanded to Florida with an AI lab
This Week in Jobs: Hot Date Edition
Here’s what Procurated’s founder considered when making his first hire last year
How this software engineer’s career change has helped her make change in the world
This Week in Jobs: Love Shack Edition
NET/WORK DC, the Super Bowl of job fairs, is back this March at The Yard
2019 was one of Arlington-based DivvyCloud’s best growth years yet
Introducing ‘Off the Sidelines,’ a new podcast series about startup investing
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc