Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Fast train’s a-comin’
New Carrollton Station is so 2018. The District is abuzz with Amtrak’s announcement that it’s debuting nonstop trains between NYC and D.C. twice a day, every weekday, starting this fall.
Sure, the two-hour, 35-minute trip is only 15 minutes faster than the Acela — and officials in Baltimore, Philadelphia and Newark are already miffed. But if it means hearing that AIM ‘95-style announcement chime as little as possible, TWIJ is all for it. And, with 15 fewer minutes to browse the job listings, we’ve curated only the best in our express train of a newsletter.
Free money alert! Savvy tech firms — and most of you reading — know the value of an internship: allowing companies to mold workers from the ground-up and future tech stars to apply what they’ve learned in school while getting a foot in the door. That’s why the Maryland Technology Internship Program provides funding for companies and state and local agencies that offer technology-based internships. MTIP is currently accepting fall applications.
Free beer alert! Technical.ly is hosting Super Meetups around the region next month. The most connected members of your local tech, startup and entrepreneurial scenes will be getting together to make new friends, learn about each other’s projects and local resources and enjoy free beverages, sweet swag and pay-as-you-go chow from local trucks. Check out the events in Baltimore on Thursday, Aug. 8, and D.C. on Tuesday, Sept. 10, and be sure to talk about how much you love TWIJ.
- The Washington Post is hiring a QA Analyst.
- WalletHub is seeking a Data Scientist to help sift through mountains of data with cloud technologies and machine learning tools to help the site’s readers reach their personal finance goals. The position can also be remote.
- If you have executive-level experience, Orbital Insight, which provides geospatial data and geo-analytic services, is looking for a Head of Public Sector to lead its Public Sector Team.
- TransitScreen is hiring an Account Executive with a background in B2B software sales and “an energetic phone presence” to join its sales team.
- 14 West in Baltimore is looking for a Junior Database Administrator to help manage and maintain its relational data infrastructure.
- Latitude in Baltimore is hiring a .Net Developer.
- RackTop Systems in Fulton is seeking an API Guru to join a team focused on creating high-performance durable REST APIs. You’ll be using the golang programming language, but you don’t have to be a Go expert. Bonus: A relocation package may be available.
- emocha Mobile Health in Baltimore is hiring a Software Engineer with at least three years software engineering experience.
- If helping the world invest better “tickles your innards,” The Motley Fool in Alexandria is hiring a Software Developer with experience building web applications from ORM to$document.ready(). Note that “robots, replicants, or morlocks” need not apply.
- OpenLattice is hiring a customer-facing Data Scientist. The position is in Reston, as well as Salt Lake City and Redwood City, or it can be remote.
- Qore Performance is looking for a Director of Fabrication and Sourcing. The position is in McLean or can be remote.
- Crossbeam is hiring a Full Stack Engineer to join a small team building the next generation of the company’s software.
- Rho AI is seeking a Remote Senior Software Engineer to develop products and services for advanced machine learning applications.
- Bear Group, a web development firm based in Seattle, is hiring a Remote Drupal Magento Developer.
- OpenLattice is hiring a customer-facing Data Scientist. The position can be remote, but the company is also hiring in Reston, as well as Salt Lake City and Redwood City.
- Qore Performance is hiring a Director of Fabrication and Sourcing. The position is in McLean or can be remote.
That’s it for this week! You’ve made it through another TWIJ newsletter that hasn’t jumped the rails. Good luck on the job hunt!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Influencer Edition
Bobbie Kilberg is retiring after 22 years of leading Northern Virginia Tech Council
This Week in Jobs: Here Fishy, Fishy Edition
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
On the Market: Aquicore is hiring a software engineer and an energy director
6 ways to make your hiring process more inclusive
Power Moves: Selina McPherson is now leading marketing efforts at The Brand Guild
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc