Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
“Between doubt and destiny is action. Between our community and the American Dream is leadership.”
— Robert F. Smith, founder of Vista Equity Partners
It’s graduation season!
A big congrats to all of the new graduates! We welcome the class of 2019 as they begin their new chapters, which may lead them to the DMV area — and we know that they will bring nothing but great ideas and energy to our community. If you completed a degree, course or training this year, pat yourself on the back.
In case you haven’t seen it, check out this amazing example of “paying it forward” by investor, philanthropist and founder of Vista Equity Partners Robert F. Smith, as he commits to paying off all the student debt of Morehouse College’s graduating class. Can you imagine the weight lifted?! Make you wanna work for Vista? Check out its job postings here.
Arlington-based consulting firm Accenture has announced the expansion of its digital studio in D.C. Adding a new AI Innovation Hub and Discovery Lab, Accenture plans to grow its digital footprint across different functions. Within our article on the change, Accenture’s team discusses how design, data science and development play a crucial part in their plans, so definitely take a look at its jobs to see if any opportunities match your skills and expertise. Here is a cool opening for a Digital Transformation Manager.
WeWork has also announced its expansion in D.C., with a new office location at 200 Massachusetts Ave. that will be its largest in the district. There are many startups and tech companies that use WeWork as their offices, so you may want to take a tour to see which companies could be a potential employer. Check out WeWork’s list of D.C.-local jobs.
Clean Creative, a startup based in Baltimore, has announced its name change and a $2.5 million seed round. Now called clean.io, it plans to grow its adtech and cybersecurity talent, as it continues to protect against malicious ads.
- The Washington Post is seeking a software engineer with iOS experience.
- LawIQ is looking for a Data Scientist to join its growing team in energy infrastructure.
- If you are a cybersecurity professional with a TS/SCI clearance, Insight Engines has an opening for a Technical Support Engineer.
- Explore the openings from Internet of Things (IoT) experts Leverage. There is a really cool Product Engineer position available, including some other jobs hot on the market. Check them out here.
- Project managers with cross-functional experience should check out this job opening with 14 West.
- If you have a strong finance background, 14 West also has a position for a new Director of Fintech to join its team.
- Asymmetrik is hiring a Front End Developer.
- Vectorworks is looking for a Python Engineer.
- Capital One is hiring Data Scientists to join its growing team.
- Sports junkies with strong tech skills should check out this Sr. Engineer opening at LeagueApps.
- Help make an impact with Totem by applying for the Jr. Developer position.
- Hatch is looking for a Sr. Integrations Engineer to join its team.
- Penn Mutual is looking for an experienced Head of Product.
- Illumy Inc. is hiring a Sr. Android Developer with experience in cloud computing.
- Entado seeks a Sr. Java Developer, and developers at all levels, to join its Digital Experience Platform team.
It seems that we can’t go a day without the upcoming Metro shutdown being in the news, but that’s because it will be a major change for many of you! Be sure to understand the shutdown and how impacts you, especially if you have to travel to Virginia for any interviews or meetings.
Finally, thanks to those of you who took part in our survey last week. We have reviewed the results, and we are eager to make TWIJ work for you! Per your feedback, be on the lookout for more jobs featuring different skill and experience levels, including more focus on data science positions.
Here’s an ad hoc survey that’s going around many water coolers and convos everywhere: What are your thoughts on the final episode of “Game of Thrones“? Some of those Starks definitely got new jobs on Sunday! We’ll leave you to determine whether they were qualified.
No matter what, you can always jump-start your job search anytime, by checking our job listings. Until next time, stay winning!
P.S. Gmail users: If TWIJ is getting sent to your Promotions tab, please take a moment to drag this email to your Primary tab so you’ll never miss out on an opportunity!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Setting sail to new opportunities
Brian Kenner is leaving DMPED to join Amazon: report
This Week in Jobs: Celebrating interviews, new gigs and dads too
Building a data acquisition system? Don’t make this mistake
This Week in Jobs: Start your second half on a great note
Power Moves: Ebony Lee joins 2U, Hawkeye 360 gets a new CIO
This Week in Jobs: Higher views in the heat of the season
This fast-growing SaaS company aims to be a force for change in the energy industry
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc