(Photo via @hope_ndhlovu on Twitter)
Georgetown-based Halcyon Incubator hosted a showcase for its current cohort of early stage entrepreneurs on May 16.
The 10th cohort presented their ventures to an audience of investors and funders after going through Halcyon’s five-month incubator program.
The fellows received rent-free housing, a $10,000 stipend and access to mentors, advisors and supporters during the incubator to scale their ventures.
Here’s a look at the ventures from Halcyon’s latest incubator class:
- Phylomics produces a blood test used by doctors to detect multiple types of cancers in asymptomatic patients.
- Clean Decisions creates a pathway to jobs, careers, and business ventures for returning citizens.
- Southbanc uses Opportunity Funds to inject long term capital into real estate projects and businesses.
- Loro, an AI-powered smart, personalized companion for wheelchair users to navigate safely and to communicate efficiently.
- NaTakallam, a social enterprise that connects refugees and displaced persons to remote work opportunities in the language sector.
- Tuverl, a public transport app that seeks to make public transportation more accessible and cheaper for millions of commuters across African countries by helping public transport operators reduce operational inefficiencies and increase revenue.
- BoxPower provides prefabricated turnkey solar microgrids in 20-foot shipping containers as a reliable and cost-effective alternative to diesel generators.
- OmniVis uses a sensing technique to quantify and analyze biomolecular solutions directly at the source. OmniVis’s hardware device and consumable test kit attaches to a smartphone and reduces the detection process to 30 minutes.
Halcyon Incubator hosts two cohorts each year, with the 11th class starting in the fall. Applications for the 12th cohort will open up in August.
Applications are open for SEED SPOT’s fall 2020 virtual Impact Accelerator
Nominations are open for the second annual .ORG Impact Awards
Govtech startups, take note: Dcode launched an investment network
Cybersecurity startup HyperQube nabbed an investment from CIT GAP Funds
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc