Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
“If you’re going to play, you might as well play to be your best.”
~ Walter Payton, NFL legend
Drafted for success
The NFL Draft took place in Nashville over the weekend and at least 200 new jobs were filled as these collegiate athletes finally saw their hard work pay off. D.C. is a big winner in the draft, as the Washington Redskins picked up a very promising franchise quarterback for its team.
The DMV is hot with opportunity, no matter the season, and this just might be the week where you can join your new team!
Cybersecurity is a hot topic in the DMV and Michel Huffaker, director of threat intelligence at D.C.-based ThreatQuotient, shared how you can join in on the conversation. If you want to join ThreatQuotient, check out its jobs page.
Renewable energy tech company Arcadia Power is partnering with Footprint Project to support communities impacted by natural disasters. With this partnership, Arcadia Power has committed to doubling every $1 donation made by its customers by May 31. Check out Arcadia Power’s job listings.
Kite Pharma, a Santa Monica, Calif.-based biopharmaceutical company plans to open a facility where it will produce cell therapy treatments in Frederick County, Maryland. Check out its open positions if you want to get a head start on potential careers.
These companies are looking for their #1 pick and you may not even have to run 40 meters in under a minute during the interview.
Keep your eyes open for job openings at the NFL Players Association, located right here in D.C.
- Getaround is looking for a General Manager
- LawIQ is hiring a Data Visualization Architect
- Kimetrica has an eye out for a React Team Lead
- The Washington Post has an opening for a Site/Full Stack Engineer
- 14 West has an opening for a Jr. Database Admin
- 14 West is also looking for a Mobile App Developer to join their team
- SmartLogic has a spot for a Product Designer
- Asymmetrik is hiring a Front End Developer
- General Dynamics IT is hiring a Sr. Java Developer
- Storyblocks is searching for a Sr. Product Manager
- Elegant Themes is hiring a WordPress Developer
- Swarm Technologies is looking for a Full-Stack Developer
- Codelitt is also on the lookout for a Full-Stack Developer
“Before any event, like Philly Tech Week’s upcoming Dev Conference, do your research on who will be attending and exhibiting — and if the event is on Meetup, you can publicly see everyone who’s RSVP’d. Google the companies that will be tabling and do your research on open roles listed on their careers page. Have a game plan before going in and know who you want to meet. It’s a more effective, optimized way to network.”
– Clayton Wert, Events and Experiences Manager, Technical.ly
The weekend started with severe storms, but let’s hope that better days have come!
We hope that you found a winning team to join through reading TWIJ DMV. We begin our newsletter weekly in May, so you’ll have even more opportunities to tap into the market. As always, you can check out our list of jobs anytime.
Until next time, stay winning!-30-
Microsoft is bringing a $64M software dev hub and 1.5K jobs to Fairfax County
This Week in Jobs: Poking Our Heads Out Edition
How I Work (from home): Claire Sharp, head of Americas at Kaiserwetter
Want to land a job in tech? This career coach from Flatiron School has some pointers
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc