Herndon, Va.-based cyber accelerator MACH37 has accepted six companies to its 2019 spring cohort.
These cyber startups will go through an intensive 90-day program and become eligible for an equity investment of up to $50,000 from CIT’s MACH37 Seed Fund.
“Our goal at MACH37 is to bring the community together around cyber technology and facilitate the launch of cutting edge capabilities into the marketplace to make our world a safer and more productive place,” Diego Salinas, assistant director of MACH37 told Technical.ly.
MACH37 launched in 2013 and operates under a joint venture between minority-owned strategy consulting and venture investment firm VentureScope LLC and the innovation and entrepreneurship nonprofit Center for Innovative Technology (CIT). Since its inception, more than 50 cyber startups have been through the MACH37 accelerator program, Technical.ly DC previously reported.
Here are the cyber startups of MACH37’s 2019 spring accelerator program:
- FortMesa: a New York-based company that helps organizations deploy and manage a cyber workforce. The company provides on-demand security and uses artificial intelligence to manage cybersecurity needs.
- Aryia: a company that built a blockchain-powered smart speaker using artificial intelligence with a focus on privacy. The company also curates a rewards system for its users.
- Malwork: Launched in 2018, the company curates a platform that assesses security needs at the C-suite and tactical levels, and will then match companies with cybersecurity personnel based on their needs.
- Definitive Data Security: This San Francisco-based cyber company created a SaaS platform to help companies securely manage their data. The platform can back up, restore, encrypt and audit data.
- Quirk: This California-based company uses machine learning, artificial intelligence and natural language processing to build enterprise chatbots.
- Simuna Infosec: This company offers services for a variety of information security needs.
Over the next couple of months, these companies will learn how to identify and build a sustainable business model. Upon graduating from the program, participating entrepreneurs will have continued access to the MACH37 Stars Mentors Network throughout the life of their company.