(Technical.ly file photo)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
The Champion Mindset
The NCAA basketball Championship title made its way to Virginia last week, tecand we can learn a few good tips from the Cavaliers: Remain calm, stay true to yourself, and work both smart and hard. All characteristics of a great tech professional!
If you are a true UVA fanatic and have a passion for plugging students into awesome jobs, take note: Capital One is looking for a Campus Advisory Manager to manage its relationship with the university.
Ever rip the crotch out of your pants before a big meeting? If so, you could very well be on your way to becoming a CEO. Check out the bright side of failures, with some real-life reflections from Technical.ly cofounder and CEO, Christopher Wink.
As it aims to grow its offerings in the higher education space, Lanham, Md.-based edtech startup 2U has acquired workforce accelerator Trilogy Education. 2U says that it will keep the entire Trilogy team on as part of the acquisition. See how you can join the team here.
Australian-based Flight Centre Group just made a large investment into D.C.’s Upside Travel, as it increases its focus on improving the business travel industry. Here are some openings at Upside Travel for those interested in joining this growing team.
The team at Independent Security Evaluators has been busy keeping us safe by hacking systems in order to prevent hacks in real life. Learn about how this Baltimore company helped Apple, Android and others identify and resolve some major security threats. If you’re into hacking for good, check out their job openings.
We can’t promise that springtime has officially landed (even though winter is definitely coming back, by way of Game of Thrones), but we can promise some great prospective career opportunities this week.
- The Washington Post is on the lookout for a Sr. Full Stack Developer
- NAVA is searching for an experienced Backend Software Engineer
- Get Around is searching for a motivated General Manager
- Aquicore wants to hire a Sales Development Representative
- Work with us! Technica.ly Baltimore is looking for a freelance Contributing Reporter
- 14 West is looking for a Java Sr. Software Engineer
- 14 West is also looking for a Scrum Master to join their team
- 2U is on the hunt for an Engineer II – Core Systems
- SmartLogic wants to hire an experienced, well-rounded Developer for their team
- Asymmetrik is looking for a Full Stack Developer
- The Motley Fool is seeking a passionate, experienced Content Lead
- General Dynamics Information Technology has a spot for a new Sr. Java Developer
- Granular is hiring a Sr. Devops Engineer
- Chili Piper wants a new Full Stack Developer to join their team
- Xano has an opening for a Sr. Growth Data Engineer
“More than ever, good engineering means more than good coding. A candidate’s breadth of understanding (eg. devops, data science, etc.), and appreciation for simplicity and scale is just as important. Additionally, what a candidate can contribute to our culture, and what they understand about our business weigh just as heavily.”
~ Brian O’Neill, Monetate (note: Brian will be speaking at Philly Tech Week’s Dev Conference on May 8! Register here)
Since we’re on a sports kick, let’s talk about how Tiger Woods just became champion yet again with his victory at the Masters Tournament after not winning a major title in 11 years.
The lesson? Don’t let time or any other boundaries keep you away from meeting your goals. If you have career goals, we are here to help! Check out our jobs page anytime to see our updated list of opportunities awaiting your arrival.
Until next time, stay winning!-30-
Microsoft is bringing a $64M software dev hub and 1.5K jobs to Fairfax County
This Week in Jobs: Poking Our Heads Out Edition
How I Work (from home): Claire Sharp, head of Americas at Kaiserwetter
Want to land a job in tech? This career coach from Flatiron School has some pointers
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc