In collaboration with the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED), the Washington DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP) is seeking ambassadors for SXSW.
Nominate a WeDC Ambassador & represent the District as a leading global city for doing business – engage w/ leaders + influencers, share experiences + stories, promote the Capital of Inclusive Innovation – deadline 1/27 at 11:59pm #ReptheDistrict #WeDC https://t.co/GkJ6EUlzzG pic.twitter.com/jML2gy63j9
— WDCEP (@WDCEP) January 17, 2019
The inaugural WeDC Ambassador Program allows D.C. residents the opportunity to represent the city at SXSW in Austin and throughout the year, as well at national and local events and conferences. This is the first time WDCEP is launching a year-long initiative. During the program, ambassadors can expect to:
- Engage D.C.’s most passionate businesses, community leaders, entrepreneurs, influencers, etc. to share positive coverage about D.C.’s business ecosystems, their perspectives and insights.
- Share relevant information with their networks to amplify D.C.’s key messages to a larger audience.
- Provide testimonials about doing business in the city to be shared on social, used on the website, incorporated into presentations, promo videos, etc.
- Act as a WeDC representative at events (both WDCEP and others they are attending) and conferences nationally and internationally.
- Be an unofficial spokesperson for the city and WDCEP.
- Drive awareness and attendance to WeDC programming throughout the year including the WeDC House.
In the past, WDCEP has taken ambassadors to SXSW, but with this new initiative, ambassadors can expect more than just a visit to the annual music festival and conference. The Brand Guild, formerly known as BrandLink DC, will review and select applications, and final candidates will be evaluated by WDCEP and their partners.
Anyone interested has until Jan. 27 to apply or recommend a nominee for the WeDC Ambassador Program.-30-
These 7 NoVa-based startups are headed to the Collision Conference later this month
Humans of NET/WORK: 5 people we met at our annual tech jobs fair in DC
MindShare welcomes 58 CEOs into its 2019 cohort
Building a data acquisition system? Don’t make this mistake
Events DC is launching an esports pop-up bar at SXSW 2019
WDCEP welcomes 26 District leaders as ambassadors ahead of 2019 SXSW
TwentyTables upgraded to pitch finalist at SXSW 2019
This fast-growing SaaS company aims to be a force for change in the energy industry
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc