(Photo by Flickr user David Zhou, used under a Creative Commons license)
The ranking is a list of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in the U.S— both public and private sector. Award winners are selected based on percentage fiscal growth from 2014 to 2017. Deloitte picked companies based on this criteria listed on its site:
- Must own proprietary intellectual property or tech that is sold to customers in products that contribute to a majority of the company’s operating revenues in order to be eligible for the recognition.
- Must have base-year operating revenues of at least $50,000 and current-year operating revenues of at least $5 million.
- Must be in business for a minimum of four years and be headquartered within North America.
According to Deloitte’s data, software remains the leading industry with 320 companies included on the list. Eighty percent of companies received venture capital or private equity funding in their history.
Here are the D.C.–based tech companies that were included on the list with their industry, growth percentage and rank:
- Radius Networks: software, 1, 855 percent growth, ranked 71.
- Morning Consult: software, 496 percent growth, ranked 194.
- Industry Dive: digital content/media/entertainment, 493 percent growth, ranked 195.
- Social Tables: software, 396 percent growth, ranked 232.
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.: biotech/pharmaceutical, 229 percent growth, ranked 345.
- EVERFI: software, 196 percent growth, ranked 398.
- Vox Media Inc.: digital content/media/entertainment, 186 percent growth, ranked 415.
- Thycotic: software, 174 percent growth, ranked 436.
Model B has a new president heading its AI-based digital advertising efforts
After a year of virtual gatherings, Penn Quarter’s Event Farm is launching a Zoom integration to drive engagement
On its one-year anniversary, Modev’s voice tech talk show is up for a Webby Award
Reston’s Tellius raised $8M for its business intelligence software
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc