(Photo by Brady Dale)
Tandem Innovation Alliance helps support startups developing a tech product–based business. The company is currently accepting applications for its Tandem Product Academy, a free academy focused on supporting emerging tech businesses in Washington, D.C.
The educational program will support 25 local tech businesses looking to take their companies to the next level. Companies participating in the part-time program will meet on evenings and Saturdays to be taught and mentored by teachers who specialize in topics such as organizational development, product strategy and vision, leadership, talent and more.
“I’m always seeking advice and mentorship as we build this company, and this felt like a more structured way to get the guidance I’m so often looking for,” Amelia Friedman of Hatch Apps told Technical.ly. Hatch will be a part of the academy’s first cohort. “The content looks really valuable. We’re thinking a lot about sales and growth strategy here at Hatch Apps, so I’m particularly excited to hear from experts in that arena.”
The academy is free for all selected companies who meet select criteria.
The programs has an array of partners but Fairfax County, AARP and Amplifier Ventures provided the seed capital to launch the program.
“The diversity of this initial group, both from the standpoint of the types of companies, but also their geography, reveals the region’s great potential as to be a leader in technology product innovation,” Tandem Product Academy founder Jonathan Aberman said in a statement.
The first 13 participating companies for the inaugural cohort are listed below (with descriptions supplied by the Tandem Innovation Alliance):
- Breezio, helps associations, trade groups and event managers create ongoing communities around the content and attendees.
- Centeye, a research and development business working with DARPA and the Air Force, primarily in vision sensors and sensing for robotics.
- ConnectDER, ConnectDER is developing and deploying technology to interconnect with utility grids solar power and electric vehicles installed in the home.
- CoorWorks, specializes in productizing complex logistics management solutions in niche sectors of the financial services, retail, and telecommunications industries to help manage distributed workforces in physical security.
- Crosslead, Software as a Services company providing and platform and tools to facilitate team management, organizational change and strategic alignment.
- CU Rise Analytics, provides technology serving the credit union industry through data analytics and knowledge management.
- Fieldforce, Fieldforce is deploying a next-generation platform to manage 5G, Internet of things and telecom networks.
- Hatch Apps, provides a platform that allows its customers to build mobile apps for a fraction of the time and cost of existing solutions.
- Higher Digital, provides higher education institutions with analytical tools and insights to assist in the development and deployment of digital experiences and educational products.
- Precise Software Solutions, a rapidly growing government technology services business with strong expertise in healthcare technology.
- REI Systems, Sterling, REI has developed a Software as a Service grants management product – GovGrants — that helps Federal, State, and Local governments evaluate and manage the grant making process.
- RFID Global, a leading provider of real-time asset management solutions for enterprise and supply chain applications.
- WireWheel, WireWheel combines machine learning and data analytics to provide new approaches to data protection and data protection regulations.
The program officially starts on Nov. 10 and interested businesses have until Oct. 31 to apply for one of the 12 remaining slots.
Apple picked this Arlington-born, veteran-founded platform as its App of the Day
SEED SPOT was recognized as a top incubator by UBI Global
AWS will host Virginia Startup Demo Day on Nov. 14
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
Analytics company raises $7.3M to give insight into social determinants of health
How to bootstrap a fintech startup in an industry lacking structured corporate innovation
CIT GAP Funds made an investment in Arlington-based Fend
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc