“With so many exceptional and quality candidates, it was hard to narrow down the applicants to just 10 companies,” Anthony Maher, 1776’s chief growth officer and head of incubation, said in a press release. “We’re excited about this new cohort and looking forward to working with each of them to provide the necessary resources to help them properly build their companies and make them attractive for capital.”
As we previously reported, the accelerator will take no equity in the participating startups and provide no capital.
The program includes a three-month intensive curriculum for tech-enabled companies operating in the “regulated industry” space. After the program concludes in December 2018 with an investor showcase, participating companies will be provided with workspace at any 1776 location for an additional six months.
Here are the startups, with descriptions supplied by 1776:
- We Are Marcus: a character development platform for male students of color that can be accessed via an online curriculum.
- Premedly: a mobile microlearning platform for millennial job-seekers in health care.
- Henry Health: an app and digital platform that provides self-care support and mental health services to black men.
- Swaggle: a mobile marketplace for male consignment shoppers.
- Base Operations: a platform that helps people navigate emerging market cities with high crime rates and limited access to security data.
- Roomsie: a budget-friendly app for D.C. interns, recent grads and students to find suitable housing.
- Mobile Safety Technology: a mobile app that lets people use their social network to stay safe.
- Optimanta: a SAAS company serving integrative medicine practices with a customizable practice automation platform.
- Well-Kept Beauty: helps mobile app users track and monitor cosmetic ingredients while providing health insights to the FDA for safety measures.
- Last Call: Last Call is a platform that allows restaurants to share excess food they have near closing time at a discounted rate.
Sorcero landed a three-year partnership with the Electrical Training ALLIANCE
CIT GAP Funds invests in Vienna-based MetiStream
WhyHotel announced major layoffs and operational changes due to COVID-19
Bored indoors? Tune in to CarpeDM and District IRL’s new virtual dating show
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc