(Photo courtesy of MAVA)
Sixteen startups will pitch at the Mid-Atlantic Venture Association’s (MAVA) TechBUZZ event later this month. The Sept. 20 event will be held in College Park, Md., at The Hotel at The University of Maryland.
Registration is open for attendees.
MAVA started TechBUZZ in 2011 to allow seed and early-stage tech companies the opportunity to showcase their ideas in a pitch and demo round. The event happens three times annually — the last one took place last spring — and attracts investors and entrepreneurs alike. Since its start, participating companies have secured more than $800 million in disclosed post-presentation funding, according to the press release about the event.
The 16 selected companies come to TechBUZZ from five different states ranging in diverse industries like edtech, cybersecurity, SaaS, businesses services and more. MAVA has amped this fall’s event up by adding a VIP pre-program to host targeted industry discussions and a luncheon to allow companies and investors to connect further. The VIP pre-program will include roundtable discussions about market-leading applications and tech, led by experts and faculty from UMD.
“MAVA’s Fall TechBUZZ program, while it again will showcase a new cohort of 16 tech and tech-enabled companies from across industry sector and stage, provides a unique opportunity for investors and industry from across the country to engage with companies and leading innovators in our ecosystem,” MAVA Executive Director Julia Spicer said.
Here are the companies slated to present:
- Bounce Images, Buffalo, N.Y., robotics/VR
- CaryRx, Washington, D.C., healthtech
- Floreo, Washington, D.C., edtech/healthtech
- gel-e, College Park, Md., healthtech
- Intellei, Washington, D.C., software/SaaS
- Malartu, Raleigh, N.C., fintech/data analytics
- MileMarker, Baltimore, Md., edtech
- Pet Connect, Silver Spring, Md., software/SaaS
- Sorcero, Washington, D.C., software/SaaS
- Untethered Labs, College Park, Md., cybersecurity
- Cybrary, Greenbelt, Md., cybersecurity/edtech
- Knowledge to Practice, Bethesda, Md., edtech/healthtech
- M3D, Fulton, Md., 3D printing
- Phone2Action, Arlington, Va., mobile/CRM
- Vemo Education, Arlington, Va., edtech
- 3CLogic, Rockville, Md., software/SaaS
This DC startup raised $2.5M to develop its supplier peer review platform
Bethesda-based GreenGen Ventures is investing in Senseware
Here are the finalists for the second annual Hera Fast Pitch DC competition
Building a data acquisition system? Don’t make this mistake
Here’s what you need to know about Apple’s new store at Carnegie Library
The Virginia Unmanned Systems Center at CIT has established a board of advisors
Here are the finalists pitching at Women Who Tech’s next Women Startup Challenge
This fast-growing SaaS company aims to be a force for change in the energy industry
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc