— The Melanin Collective (@TheMCSquad_dc) August 24, 2018
The Melanin Collective, an organization that hosts entrepreneurial and empowerment workshops for women of color, has a monthly Twitter chat, where it discusses a specific topic from the views of working women of color.
On Sept. 5 at 4 p.m., the conversation will be joined by:
- Salesforce consultant LeAndria Streeter
- FIN Digital cofounder Rakia Finley
- Salesforce consultant Toya Gatewood
- Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies Faculty Director and Associate Professor of the Practice in TM/SEM Maria Trujillo
- Technical.ly DC’s very own Michelai Graham
Participants in the chat will discuss topics such as gender and racial equity gaps in the tech industry, common barriers for women of color in these fields and advice for women of color looking for tech jobs.
Follow the #WorkingWOC hashtag on Twitter to join the conversation.
Here’s why Kelly O’Malley is transitioning to a new position at Georgetown
This Week in Jobs: Tune up edition
Please Assist Me wins again with $20K grand prize at 2019 Vinetta Project final
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
Women in Technology is seeking applicants for its mentorship program
This Week in Jobs: Wrecking ball edition
This Week in Jobs: Now in Euros
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc