— The Melanin Collective (@TheMCSquad_dc) August 24, 2018
The Melanin Collective, an organization that hosts entrepreneurial and empowerment workshops for women of color, has a monthly Twitter chat, where it discusses a specific topic from the views of working women of color.
On Sept. 5 at 4 p.m., the conversation will be joined by:
- Salesforce consultant LeAndria Streeter
- FIN Digital cofounder Rakia Finley
- Salesforce consultant Toya Gatewood
- Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies Faculty Director and Associate Professor of the Practice in TM/SEM Maria Trujillo
- Technical.ly DC’s very own Michelai Graham
Participants in the chat will discuss topics such as gender and racial equity gaps in the tech industry, common barriers for women of color in these fields and advice for women of color looking for tech jobs.
Follow the #WorkingWOC hashtag on Twitter to join the conversation.
This Week in Jobs: Jobs, advice and everything spice
This Week in Jobs: Getting the best out of rest
This Week in Jobs: The Declaration of Employment
Building a data acquisition system? Don’t make this mistake
This Week in Jobs: The Shameless act of binging
Please Assist Me, Uplift advance to Vinetta Project pitch finals in September
This Week in Jobs: Setting sail to new opportunities
This fast-growing SaaS company aims to be a force for change in the energy industry
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc