— The Melanin Collective (@TheMCSquad_dc) August 24, 2018
The Melanin Collective, an organization that hosts entrepreneurial and empowerment workshops for women of color, has a monthly Twitter chat, where it discusses a specific topic from the views of working women of color.
On Sept. 5 at 4 p.m., the conversation will be joined by:
- Salesforce consultant LeAndria Streeter
- FIN Digital cofounder Rakia Finley
- Salesforce consultant Toya Gatewood
- Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies Faculty Director and Associate Professor of the Practice in TM/SEM Maria Trujillo
- Technical.ly DC’s very own Michelai Graham
Participants in the chat will discuss topics such as gender and racial equity gaps in the tech industry, common barriers for women of color in these fields and advice for women of color looking for tech jobs.
Follow the #WorkingWOC hashtag on Twitter to join the conversation.
This Week in Jobs: Love Shack Edition
NET/WORK DC, the Super Bowl of job fairs, is back this March at The Yard
This Week in Jobs: ‘They’re Worth What?’ Edition
How this software engineer’s career change has helped her make change in the world
This Week in Jobs: Cuffing Season Edition
1on1: A marketing pro and UX designer talk digital nomadism
This Week in Jobs: Going Up Edition
Introducing ‘Off the Sidelines,’ a new podcast series about startup investing
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc