— The Melanin Collective (@TheMCSquad_dc) August 24, 2018
The Melanin Collective, an organization that hosts entrepreneurial and empowerment workshops for women of color, has a monthly Twitter chat, where it discusses a specific topic from the views of working women of color.
On Sept. 5 at 4 p.m., the conversation will be joined by:
- Salesforce consultant LeAndria Streeter
- FIN Digital cofounder Rakia Finley
- Salesforce consultant Toya Gatewood
- Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies Faculty Director and Associate Professor of the Practice in TM/SEM Maria Trujillo
- Technical.ly DC’s very own Michelai Graham
Participants in the chat will discuss topics such as gender and racial equity gaps in the tech industry, common barriers for women of color in these fields and advice for women of color looking for tech jobs.
Follow the #WorkingWOC hashtag on Twitter to join the conversation.
This Week in Jobs: Bei Bei Goes Home Edition
This Week in Jobs: Kanye Farms Edition
This Week in Jobs: Monster Mash Edition
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
This Week in Jobs: Here Fishy, Fishy Edition
DC ranks as the top city for diversity in STEM
This Week in Jobs: Rock Wall and Ball Pit Edition
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc