A May 22 event explores how tech and new approaches are changing relocation.
The Future of Moving features a panel discussion with tech community leaders working in the space. The move could be an individual getting a new house or a business heading to a new office.
Organizer Jake Metzger, who is CEO of D.C. startup HousePouch, said that there’s a group of startups in D.C. creating platforms to replace services in areas like like finding homes, roommates, moving your things, furnishing your home and remodeling among others. The startups could benefit from knowing each other, especially as bigger companies like Nestle and Gerber planning to move here.
- Eric Delgado, Executive Vice President of Zippy Shell, who oversees relocation for businesses and corporations.
- Jake Metzger, cofounder and CEO of home decor search engine HousePouch.
- Shahier Rahman, partnerships specialist at General Assembly DC.
- Keri Shull, of residential real estate firm The Keri Shull Team.
- Alex Taylor, Senior Business Development Manager, Arlington Economic Development.
This military spouse launched a virtual executive assistant service
Aerial Applications closed a $4.5M equity funding round
DC-based Venga was recently acquired by OpenTable’s parent company
Building a data acquisition system? Don’t make this mistake
These 7 NoVa-based startups are headed to the Collision Conference later this month
KnoNap wins big at the eMerge Americas Global Startup Competition
TransitScreen secures a $3M investment from Vancouver-based TIMIA Capital
This fast-growing SaaS company aims to be a force for change in the energy industry
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc