(Photo by Stephen Babcock)
Eighteen startups will pitch at the Spring TechBUZZ event in D.C. this week. The February 28 event will be held at the FHI 360 Conference Center.
The program, created by the Mid-Atlantic Venture Association (MAVA) in 2011, attracts early stage technology companies—many from the region—to showcase their ideas in a pitch round that allows them to share their value proposition and demo in less than four minutes.
“In addition to hitting the radars of potential investors, selected companies benefit from increased visibility and industry interest which helps to secure new customers, hire talent, and garner important market mind-share,” said Julia Spicer, Executive Director of MAVA.
The startups at TechBUZZ also gain feedback on their presentations from early stage investors, venture capital groups and former CEOs. Companies who will take the stage were vetted and reviewed by more than twenty investors and advisors, and the startups feature innovations in such fields as cybersecurity, ecommerce and healthcare IT.
Here is a list of the the TechBUZZ presenting companies for Spring 2018 along with their headquarters locations and fields:
- 9zest, Inc., Oakton, Va., Health IT
- Audiostaq.com, Baltimore, Md., Programmatic Advertising for podcasters
- Cameral, Arlington, Virginia, Political Technology
- ChromaWay, Washington, D.C, & Stockholm, Sweden, Blockchain
- ClearForce, Vienna, Va., Cybersecurity
- HireCoder, Inc., Fairfax, Va., SaaS
- Hungry Harvest, Baltimore
- Iyotee, McLean, Va., Social Media
- Little Arms Studios, LLC, Manassas, Va., SaaS
- NepCol, Stone Ridge, Va., Geospatial Intelligence
- Peoplise, London, UK, Human Resources
- PhotoSquared, Owings Mills, Md., E-commerce
- PingThings, El Segundo, Calif., Energy
- Remodelmate, Washington, D.C, Real Estate
- ScholarVets, Silver Spring, Md., Education
- SilverStay, Columbia, Md., Healthcare IT
- SmartBridge Health, Washington, D.C., Healthcare IT
- Spira, Annandale, Va., Food Tech
Entrepreneurs including UrbanStems CEO Ajay Kori CEO Sparkpost CEO Phillip Merrick will be keynote speakers at the event.
Here are the finalists pitching at Women Who Tech’s next Women Startup Challenge
KnoNap wins big at the eMerge Americas Global Startup Competition
Visa and the U.S. Small Business Administration are teaming up to host a hackathon May 3-5 [Events Roundup]
Building a data acquisition system? Don’t make this mistake
SEED SPOT wrapped its second DC accelerator program with a demo day
PurpleCON is coming to DC on April 4-5 [Events Roundup]
Humans of NET/WORK: 5 people we met at our annual tech jobs fair in DC
This fast-growing SaaS company aims to be a force for change in the energy industry
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc