(Photo by Stephen Babcock)
Eighteen startups will pitch at the Spring TechBUZZ event in D.C. this week. The February 28 event will be held at the FHI 360 Conference Center.
The program, created by the Mid-Atlantic Venture Association (MAVA) in 2011, attracts early stage technology companies—many from the region—to showcase their ideas in a pitch round that allows them to share their value proposition and demo in less than four minutes.
“In addition to hitting the radars of potential investors, selected companies benefit from increased visibility and industry interest which helps to secure new customers, hire talent, and garner important market mind-share,” said Julia Spicer, Executive Director of MAVA.
The startups at TechBUZZ also gain feedback on their presentations from early stage investors, venture capital groups and former CEOs. Companies who will take the stage were vetted and reviewed by more than twenty investors and advisors, and the startups feature innovations in such fields as cybersecurity, ecommerce and healthcare IT.
Here is a list of the the TechBUZZ presenting companies for Spring 2018 along with their headquarters locations and fields:
- 9zest, Inc., Oakton, Va., Health IT
- Audiostaq.com, Baltimore, Md., Programmatic Advertising for podcasters
- Cameral, Arlington, Virginia, Political Technology
- ChromaWay, Washington, D.C, & Stockholm, Sweden, Blockchain
- ClearForce, Vienna, Va., Cybersecurity
- HireCoder, Inc., Fairfax, Va., SaaS
- Hungry Harvest, Baltimore
- Iyotee, McLean, Va., Social Media
- Little Arms Studios, LLC, Manassas, Va., SaaS
- NepCol, Stone Ridge, Va., Geospatial Intelligence
- Peoplise, London, UK, Human Resources
- PhotoSquared, Owings Mills, Md., E-commerce
- PingThings, El Segundo, Calif., Energy
- Remodelmate, Washington, D.C, Real Estate
- ScholarVets, Silver Spring, Md., Education
- SilverStay, Columbia, Md., Healthcare IT
- SmartBridge Health, Washington, D.C., Healthcare IT
- Spira, Annandale, Va., Food Tech
Entrepreneurs including UrbanStems CEO Ajay Kori CEO Sparkpost CEO Phillip Merrick will be keynote speakers at the event.
Learn about the challenges founders face in ‘today’s data-driven world’ at SEED SPOT’s next meetup
Revolution’s next Rise of the Rest road trip is heading to 4 states in April
This month’s Startup Social event will include a pitch competition
How this software engineer’s career change has helped her make change in the world
Looking for a tech conference to attend in DC? Check out these 16 happening in 2020
The holidays didn’t stop these 8 startup reps from pitching
1 Million Cups DC events will return on Jan. 8 at WeWork Navy Yard [Events Roundup]
Introducing ‘Off the Sidelines,’ a new podcast series about startup investing
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc