(Photo via Twitter)
Before the year is out, we’re going to recognize some of the standout members of the startup community.
The Technical.ly DC Awards are back for their second year in 2017.
The big night is set for Dec. 6 at 6:30 p.m., at General Assembly (1133 15th St. NW).
But first, we’ll need some nominations. That’s why we’re turning to you to seek out who deserves the spotlight for their work in the District. Here’s a look at the categories to get you started:
- DC Entrepreneur of 2017
- Technologist of the Year
- Best Web/Mobile Product of the Year
- Design/Dev Firm of the Year
- Tech Mission Org of the Year
- Artist/Creative Group of the Year
- Makerspace of the Year
- Incubator of the Year
- Best Indie Video Game of the Year
- Tech Startup of the Year
- Growth Tech Company of the Year
Nominations will close Nov. 3, and nominees will be announced Nov. 6.
Plus, we’ve created some official rules around the awards this year:
- For open nominations, only a single nomination is necessary to put an entry in the running. (Multiple nominations will not increase the chances of someone being nominated.)
- For public voting, nominees may not offer direct or indirect monetary compensation to encourage voting. Nominees or other groups can offer the chance to win prizes for sharing or supporting but no gift or money can be guaranteed for individual votes.
- Unless otherwise stated, Technical.ly sets the preference for no consecutive repeat winners. So winners from one year will not be nominated the following year but would be eligible again a year after. This is to maximize community participation and inclusion.
- All decisions are made by Technical.ly organizers and are final.
May the odds be ever in your favor.
Here are the finalists for Maryland Tech Council’s 2020 Industry Awards Celebration
Lynk has been named a finalist for the 2020 SXSW Innovation Awards
Meet the winners of DC’s 2019 Technical.ly Awards
The 2019 NVTC Tech 100 recognizes top companies in the region
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc