(Illustrations by Mike Jackson)
This article is underwritten by Comcast. It was not reviewed by Comcast before publication. Learn more about Technically Creative here.
Starting, and building, a company is hard. It’s also a tremendous adventure.
We here at Technical.ly are lucky to hear stories about this adventure, its ups and its downs, every day. All this inspired us to create the Tomorrow Toolkit, an ebook we published in partnership with Comcast NBCUniversal.
The 20,000-word, 20-chapter ebook shares lessons on starting and building a business — from creating an MVP to finding a cofounder to raising capital and beyond. The recently-updated edition features suggestions and words of wisdom from founders across the country. It also, however, features some of our very own D.C.-based talent.
- Mykel Nahorniak, founder of events management startup Localist, shares how networking and attending community events can expose you to new resources and ideas
- Laurin Hodge, executive director of Mission:Launch, talks about how to develop and hone your venture’s social mission
- Joel Holland, founder of VideoBlocks, reminisces on the importance of validating your idea early on
- Jay Marwaha, CEO of Syntasa, on finding and understanding your market
- Zvi Band, founder and CEO of Contactually, gives tips on how to be both a founder and a CEO and, critically, transition between the two
There’s so much more where that comes from. Check it all out in the Tomorrow Toolkit!
Healthcare analytics startup Socially Determined closed a $11.1M Series A funding round
Halcyon welcomes 10 local entrepreneurs for its Opportunity Intensive program
Here’s what Procurated’s founder considered when making his first hire last year
How this software engineer’s career change has helped her make change in the world
Revolution’s next Rise of the Rest road trip is heading to 4 states in April
This month’s Startup Social event will include a pitch competition
VEDA Data Solutions closed a $5M Series A
Introducing ‘Off the Sidelines,’ a new podcast series about startup investing
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc