(Photo via Twitter)
The Washington, DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP) threw a kickoff party for the organization’s yearly SXSW “mission” on Wednesday night.
The partnership’s goal while in Austin will be to “expand the city’s technology sector, promote its innovative startup companies, highlight creative talent, and foster new partnerships among the DC and national business communities,” the org says. This is WDCEP’s fourth consecutive year at SXSW. (The budget for last year’s voyage caused a bit of a stink.)
At an event in Ivy City fueled by doughnuts, barbecue and live music, WDCEP celebrated the #WeDC brand by introducing the nine local “innovators” who will fill the role of brand ambassadors during SXSW.
Here’s who the partnership chose:
- Sage Salvo: Salvo is a Halcyon Incubator fellow and Howard University Ph.D. candidate working on an edtech project called Words Liive.
- Tyrone Grandison: Grandison is the deputy chief data officer at the Commerce Department.
- Beth Flores: Flores is the managing director of Impact Hub DC, a coworking space for social enterprise startups and entrepreneurs.
- Asheru: A local hip-hop artist, educator and youth activist.
- Open Data Nation: A District-based organization that helps clients understand and use open data.
- Equity Eats: A company that allows individuals to invest in local restaurants.
- Erica Schlaikjer: Schlaikjer is a local creative strategist working for Huge, who is also the cofounder of Media Rise.
- Mike Stubbs: Stubbs is the senior director of operations at FiscalNote.
- Marissa Jennings: Jennings is the CEO of SOCIALgrlz, an online community designed for African-American teenage girls.
Google is investing $600M into Loudoun County
Here are your lessons on collaboration from Greater Washington nabbing Amazon HQ2
Here’s what’s happening at SXSW 2019 when it comes to #dctech
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
WDCEP welcomes 26 District leaders as ambassadors ahead of 2019 SXSW
TwentyTables upgraded to pitch finalist at SXSW 2019
#WeDC House returns at 2019 SXSW. Apply to showcase your tech company
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc