The Herndon, Va.-based cyber accelerator MACH37 announced yesterday that they have opened applications for their Spring 2016 cohort.
Eight companies will eventually be selected to take part in the 90-day program beginning in March. Accepted companies will receive $50,000 in investment on day one, and then, following the completion of the program, up to $100,000 in matching funds will be available for companies based in Virginia. In most circumstances, MACH37 requests 8 percent in equity against their investment (that would value your company at $625,000, though, of course, the valuation game can be a bit more complicated than that).
Ideal companies are:
- Building a disruptive information security technology product
- Delivering foundational security capabilities that enable new products and markets
- Committed to turning their labor into commercial success
- Seeking help with startup capital, introductions and navigating pitfalls
- Looking for rapid growth through venture capital
- Willing to be based in Virginia for the entire 90-day program, and commit to the venture full-time
- Consist of a team of 2-4 cofounders
If this describes your cybersecurity startup, applications are now being accepted here.