About Billy Penn
We are Billy Penn. We’re a Philly-based digital media operation that reports local news designed for mobile consumption, and hosts regular events for in-person reader engagement.
We are all local all the time, and deliver the news via a stream that combines our original stories and curated links to other news of interest to an under-40 Philly audience. First and foremost, we value our readers’ time and their user experience. We circulate our work heavily via social platforms, and create a lively, unique voice for our city.
We are focused on bringing Philadelphians together both online and offline, so we hold regular events where people can network and engage in person. We also believe that while our city has real problems, the voices of those trying to solve those problems often go unheard, so we try to cover many of those efforts.
Technical.ly Coverage (10 posts)
- Why this ‘super nerd’ is super excited for the 2017 Philly Geek Awards
- Open Data Philly, Media Mobilizing Project up for Philadelphia News Awards
- Could Baltimore be the next city for this local news startup?
- Parent company of Billy Penn gets investment from media giant Gannett
- Here’s who won the 2015 #PHLGeekAwards
- Here’s the Philly Tech Week 2015 recap video