Highlights from his remarks:
- Very awkward moment when he asks for applause for getting the kids out of class early, no one clapped, so he rebounded by telling those in attendance to applaud themselves for enjoying school.
- He explains to students that the days of one job forever in one place are gone and never coming back, especially for poorly educated workers.
- Calls public education a ticket into the middle of the class.
- New PTECH-like schools are opening across New York State and in Chicago, partnering with schools like Microsoft, Verizon and Cisco.
- Promises to connect 99% of America’s students to high-speed internet within five years.
- Redesign more high schools “to teach young people the skills required for a high tech economy.”
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.