Educators, students and public officials from all over the country will be sharing their stories and ideas about how to improve education in Delaware and beyond at the inaugural TEDxWilmingtonED event, Education Possible.
The daylong event at Hotel du Pont on Friday, Feb. 9 will feature 25 speakers.
Expect to hear about the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to education, with actionable ideas for making things better.
- Ali Smith, Atman Smith & Andres Gonzalez — Changing Detention to Meditation
- Tatiana Poladko — Education’s Well-Intentioned People Problem
- Elaine Wells — Why the Fight is Never Over
- Jessica Santana — Our Next Tech Geniuses Are Sitting In Our Classrooms and Working In Our Bodegas
- Benjamin Riley — The (Emerging) Science of Learning Organizations
- Marilyn Rhames — Why Faith Will Fix Education
- Lindsay Page — Supporting Students To Do College Successfully
- Lisa Mims — The Power of a Caring Teacher
- Jason Lange — Is College Still Worth It?
- Ross Kasun — Yesterday’s Schools Will Not Prepare Students for Tomorrow: Let’s Change What We Do Today
- Garry Johnson — Educating to Design
- Ernest Hudson — An Unlikely “Soup”erhero
- Robyn Howton — The Key To Improving Our Schools is in the Classroom Already
- Lindsay Hill — Rebuilding the Foundation to Realize the Promise
- Jordan Estock — Authentic Learning in Action
- Melissa Corto — Compliance Is Not Enough
- Vincent Cobb — Why Black Male Educators Matter
- Ashley Berner — No One Way to School: Educational Pluralism and Why it Matters
- Melissa Benbow — The Princeton You Won’t See in the Brochure
- Sheila Sarem — The Social Capital Gap
- Ronald Russo — Teaching is a Profession But Education is a Business
- Michael Phillips — Time For Every Purpose
- Kendall Massett — How a Hospitality Mindset Can Set the Table for Learning
- Stephanie Diggins — #BeATeacher: Inside the Teacher Academy Initiative
The Freire Charter School dance team will also be featured.
Cost of the event is $55. Click here for tickets.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.