Applications opened Monday for the 2016 Indiegogo Fellowship for creators in film and video.
The prize is not bad. Six months of free office space at the Made in New York Media Center, and whatever funds you generate from your Indiegogo campaign. Considering workspace eats into a significant part of fundraising dollars, this would stretch those bills from whatever you raise.
Some eligibility requirements:
- Projects must be in film or related video content.
- Applicants must have or will launch an Indiegogo campaign.
- Applicants must commit to working a minimum of 20 hours per week at the Media Center for six consecutive months, from April 1, 2016 to Sept. 1, 2016.
- Applicants must be open to collaboration in a shared workspace.
- Applicants may not be a current Media Center member.
The application deadline is March 22 and the fellowship starts April 1, so it’s a pretty fast turnaround if you’re sitting on something you feel just has to get made.