It’s been a long and good year in the Brooklyn tech world and it’s now time to go to holiday parties and hear about the projects, successes and setbacks from your fellow technologists.
There’s a lot of parties out there, so we’ll help you get the lay of the land and make the most out of where you spend your time drinking wine out of little plastic glasses held on top of tiny napkins.
Tuesday, Dec. 15
Brooklyn Tech Party Extravaganza hosted by the Brooklyn Tech Meetup at the Made in NY Media Center in downtown Brooklyn.
- This event promises to bring together “the whole of the who’s who Brooklyn Community.” It’s sponsored by TriNet, Fiverr and WeWork, among others. There’s an open bar from 7-9 p.m. RSVP here.
NY/BK iOS Developer Holiday Party hosted by the Brooklyn iOS Developer Meetup at Barcade in East Williamsburg.
- “Arcade games, drinks, and holiday fun!” This one is sponsored by Tendigi and appFigures, and the your first drink is free.
Wednesday, Dec. 16
Auction x Holiday Party hosted by Eyebeam at Postmasters Gallery in Tribeca.
- “Celebrate generations of Eyebeam alums and friends working within the expanded narrative of technology. This year, we’ll also be holding our first-ever auction of incredible works by these artists! It’s an occasion for us to renew our commitment to artful and publicly-minded applications of technology.”
- “We’re going around the country from NYC to Chicago to San Fran because Mrs. Claus called and said that Santa and the elves were in serious need of a holiday dance-break. We’re kicking off the Claus Family three-city tour in NYC, and we’re going all out to make it happen — we’ve got dancing reindeers and elves, jazz aerobics and all sorts of crazy surprises.” Tickets are $20-30 and you can get them here.
Thursday, Dec. 17
- “We’ve invited some of Dumbo’s marquee agencies to showcase their best work of the year and to make one prediction for 2016 … in just 2 minutes!” Tickets are $20 and space is limited. You can get tickets here.
3 reasons why Ethereal NY is more than a blockchain conference
Algorave heads to Eyebeam *expanding galaxy brain*
3 ways blockchain technology could revolutionize the law
You can win up to $360,000 at the WeWork Creator Awards
Brooklyn, NET/WORK 2018 is coming up and it’s got jobs
Watch musicians live-code music at Algorave
Chart your course to CARTO’s first Spatial Data Science Conference
Explore how diverse teams build dynamic products with Dev Bootcamp
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Brooklyn