(Photo by Flickr user Scott Beale, used under a Creative Commons license)
Here are all the Brooklyn companies we know that are going to SXSW 2015, and whatever we know about why they’ll be there.
If you’re missing out on all this high-quality shoulder rubbing, we’ve organized a purely social event to make up for it. Come to Technical.ly’s #notatSXSW Party March 19 at the Made in NY Media Center in Dumbo.
Here’s that list. Hit us up in the comments if we missed you:
- Etsy will also be on a panel about building internal tools that your team will want to use, with Airbnb.
- Kickstarter is probably going. The crowdfunding giant definitely has a list of films that were funded on the platform that will be showing there.
- Amplify is one of the sponsors for SXSWedu, which kicked off Monday.
- VHX will present on film release strategies (we have some guesses about what they will say).
- According to the NYCEDC page for local firms in Austin, Huge will be present. In fact, the company has many people going.
- Northside Media will be there.
- Sparkplug is already in Austin and plans to stay through to the very end of the music festival, as we previously reported. The CEO told us that she is on a panel on building trust in the peer-to-peer economy, with Etsy (though we couldn’t find it listed).
- Small Girls PR will be there to help launch a new app, DJ-51, according to its blog. The app is supposed to be able to analyze a group of friends’ musical tastes and then create a music playlist that everyone will like.
- Brooklyn Boot Company is going. They may not really be a tech company but, man, do they want me to buy their boots on Twitter.
— Brooklyn Boot Co. (@BrooklynBootCo) March 10, 2015
3 reasons why Ethereal NY is more than a blockchain conference
Algorave heads to Eyebeam *expanding galaxy brain*
Game Developers Conference had a different vibe this year: worker solidarity
3 ways blockchain technology could revolutionize the law
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Brooklyn