(Photo by Brady Dale)
The space is supposed to have all kinds of advanced equipment for making clothes and accessories. Plus 3D printers, laser cutters and a limited-run manufacturing capacity.
We wrote about the space in April. It’s for companies that have gotten some traction but are looking to bridge the gap between limited-audience and mass-market scale.
The group is currently looking for its next class of Venture Fellows.
Here are the benefits of becoming a fellow, as listed on the BF + DA website:
- Individual mentorship that combines intensive business development with expert counseling on sustainable strategies
- A designated studio in our 21,000 SF space in the old Pfizer Labs building at 630 Flushing Avenue in South Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Access to shared use public spaces including our 3000 SF plaza, reception, kitchen, conference/classroom, phone booths, etc.
- A rich community of entrepreneurs and researchers in fashion design, product design and technology, and access to leading industry experts
- 10% discount on in-house apparel production (cut-and-sew & digital knitting)
- 15% discount on in-house digital fabrication (3D printing & laser cutting)
- 50-75% discount on workshops, events and more
‘Accidental masterpieces’: New book explores history of world’s first 176 emoji
New coworking space will join Gimlet Media in Downtown Brooklyn
How Industrious plans to beat WeWork in the coworking game
Explore how diverse teams build dynamic products with Dev Bootcamp
Brooklyn coworking giant Industrious raises mammoth $80 million
Is the coworking boom over?
This coworking space is giving away desks to local journos
Learn from these Brooklyn founders in our Tomorrow Toolkit ebook
Sign-up for regular updates from Technical.ly