(Photo by Brady Dale)
The space is supposed to have all kinds of advanced equipment for making clothes and accessories. Plus 3D printers, laser cutters and a limited-run manufacturing capacity.
We wrote about the space in April. It’s for companies that have gotten some traction but are looking to bridge the gap between limited-audience and mass-market scale.
The group is currently looking for its next class of Venture Fellows.
Here are the benefits of becoming a fellow, as listed on the BF + DA website:
- Individual mentorship that combines intensive business development with expert counseling on sustainable strategies
- A designated studio in our 21,000 SF space in the old Pfizer Labs building at 630 Flushing Avenue in South Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Access to shared use public spaces including our 3000 SF plaza, reception, kitchen, conference/classroom, phone booths, etc.
- A rich community of entrepreneurs and researchers in fashion design, product design and technology, and access to leading industry experts
- 10% discount on in-house apparel production (cut-and-sew & digital knitting)
- 15% discount on in-house digital fabrication (3D printing & laser cutting)
- 50-75% discount on workshops, events and more