The focus is to fund two organizations that focus on ‘upward mobility’ and want to experiment with online strategies. B
An expression of interest is due Sept. 17th. Two projects will be selected. Selected organizations will receive approximately $150,000 worth of funding and in-kind support:
- $50,000 in funding from the Blue Ridge Foundation, to pay for hiring or re-assigning a staff member to serve as project lead
- Office space and strategic support in the Blue Ridge Foundation incubator on Court Street in Cobble Hill.
- Technological development (most likely, a new tool) built by ThoughtWorks
- Design support from students and faculty at Parsons
- Take place at a New York City nonprofit
- Build on existing work
- Yield a solution that contributes to factors that promote upward mobility among low-income people
- A demonstrated ability to implement the project.
The Digital Prototype Opportunity is offering a 15-30 minute conversation with the Expert In Residence to discuss ideas with the first 20 organizations that submit expressions of interest. On September 18th, there will be a Kickoff Workshop to discuss ideas and final applications will be due Oct.4th.