(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
If You Can’t Get to the Mountain
Officials in Northern Virginia may be bringing the mountain to you. Fairfax County reached an interim agreement with Alpine-X, which is considering constructing an indoor ski slope atop an “inactive” landfill in Lorton.
If built, the company says the site would be the longest indoor ski slope in North America — giving you enough time to ponder whether the statement “the ski conditions are garbage” is meant literally or figuratively.
Lolita Taub and Victor Hwang, founders of The Community Fund and Right to Start, respectively, joined the latest episode of Technical.ly’s investor education podcast Off the Sidelines to talk how investing in people-centric organizations can yield serious financial returns.
From AI-powered hiring platforms to a (long-overdue) focus on diversity and inclusion, the tech hiring landscaping is changing. Ali Farrell, head of people for the gym-management/gainz-tracking platform Wodify, joined The TWIJ Show to talk about the latest shifts and trends in hiring and recruitment. Check out the four takeaways to see how you can (power)lift your organization to the next level.
- Mapbox is hiring a Senior Software Engineer for Developer Tools.
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is seeking a Senior Software Architect.
- Law firm Wiley Rein LLP needs a Technical Instructor to train its employees on technical resources.
- SmartLogic in Baltimore is seeking an Engineering Manager. The role is fully remote for now.
- Wild Leaf, which produces and packages ready-to-drink beverages, is looking for an IT Support Specialist.
- Beacon Street Services in Baltimore is hiring a “passionate” VP of Software Development to lead its team of software engineers.
- The consulting firm Deloitte in Arlington is seeking a Software Developer.
- ECS in Arlington is looking for a Business Analyst/Project Manager.
- If you know “MemOp” is a cyber ops term and not Hanson’s lost follow-up, Two Six Labs in Arlington is hiring a Lead Hardware/Software Developer.
- If you want “boots” to mean more than just restarting your computer, Red Wing Shoes is seeking a Remote .Net Software Developer.
- If you don’t mind adaptability and a different challenge each day, Agenteur is looking for a “jack-of-all-trades” Remote Full-Stack Developer.
- Put a stop to Dave Matthews once and for all: The driving telemetrics and crash-detection startup TrueMotion is hiring a Remote Senior Software Engineer.
If you can’t wait to shred the gnar in NoVa, you can get your turns in at Big Snow in, you guessed it, New Jersey. The Garden State is home to the continent’s first indoor ski slope, near the site of the old Giants stadium. No word whether they found Jimmy Hoffa’s body while building it.
Good luck out there on the job hunt, and remember, if you french fry when you should pizza, you’re gonna have a bad time.-30-
Power Moves: TEDCO has a new chief investment officer
This Week in Jobs DMV: Free Trees Edition
Power Moves: Meet Mia Millette, Skyline Technology Solutions’ new CEO
This Week in Jobs DMV: Sweet Tooth Edition
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore