(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
The Dulcet Tones of Duplex Copying
There’s rhythmic raindrops, guided nature meditation — and, now, the soothing sounds of the office. If you’re craving tapping keyboards, whirring copy machines and the hum of commercial HVAC, the people at I Miss the Office have created a space just for you, down to a colleague’s irritating phone buzz. You can adjust the “number of colleagues” from one to 10 — with, thankfully, none of the coughing, sniffling or microwaved tuna fish we’d just as soon forget.
You can also highlight specific sounds, from the water cooler to a coworker’s snacking. We don’t know who in their right might would pick the latter — unless it’s to be reminded that working from home has its perks. Speaking of which, take a look at this week’s job rundown.
Women are increasingly the breadwinners in their families, yet only a third with male partners say that they share an equal role in their families’ financial decisions — fewer still say they play the leading role. This trend is especially pronounced among millennial women compared to their older counterparts. Technical.ly’s Off the Sidelines podcast will dive into this trend — and how women can actively invest their wealth — in a rare live podcast today at 1 p.m. Eastern. Registration is free.
Politics has pervaded virtually every aspect of our lives. That means business leaders have to decide how they’ll allow — and set boundaries on — political talk at the office. Tune into the latest TWIJ Show to hear expert insight on this ever-touchy subject from consultants Anthony Vaughn and Angela Howard, cofounders of E1B2.
Meet the 20 most influential technologists in Baltimore. RealLIST Engineers returned for its second year today, honoring the technology leaders solving pressing problems every day. Honorees range from Craig Addison, founder of the tech-inclusion nonprofit Byte Back, to Sandra Koranteng, quality assurance tester and accessibility expert at the tech agency Mindgrub.
And, meet 16 influential technologists in the D.C. region, too: Those RealLIST Engineers represent the likes of the U.S. Digital Service agency, Ordway, Booz Allen Hamilton and Framebridge.
- Eastbanc Technologies – unclear if that’s with a long or short “a” – is hiring a Software Engineer. If you go with “bahnk,” we suggest you also commit to “Soft-wahr.”
- S-O-F-T, your wares are built with quality. Rally Health (pom-poms not included) is seeking a Principal Back-End Software Engineer (Unified Platform/Tooling).
- The Washington Post is looking for its next innovator for the role of Senior Software Engineer.
- Vigilant Medical in Baltimore is looking for a Medical Software Engineer (Full-Stack).
- Protenus in Baltimore is seeking a “creative and quantitative thinker” for the role of Product Marketing Manager.
- Roll the dice on this opportunity: Live! Casino & Hotel in Hanover is hiring a Gaming Applications Analyst – Maryland. Whoever earns the “position may be required to move around all areas with a sense of urgency.” Guess that explains the ! in the company title.
- The American Society of Clinical Oncology in Alexandria is seeking a Lead Test Automation Engineer.
- Hexagon PPM in Hampton is hiring a Software Developer.
- Megaphone — newly acquired by audio bigwig Spotify — in Reston looking for a Software Engineer.
- ECi Software Solutions is hiring a Remote Senior Software Developer.
- cloudtamer.io is seeking a Senior Software Engineer. Perks include monthly lunches and innovation days.
- The health startup Biomage is looking for a Remote Full-Stack Software Engineer.
If you prefer your office circa-1995, you can “relive the excitement of connecting to the internet with the noise of a 56k modem.” Let’s hope your internet speed isn’t stuck in the ‘90s.
Good luck out there on the job hunt!-30-
This Week in Jobs DMV: Cat Census Edition
This Week in Jobs DMV: GIF Edition
Rose Health finds primary focus and $1.5M in investment capital
This Week in Jobs DMV: Ride the Rails Edition
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore