(Technical.ly file image)
It’s nearly here, folks: Technical.ly’s reimagined Super Meetup is happening this Thursday, Aug. 13.
We’ve hosted a version of this event since 2015, in person and with dozens of meetups and hundreds of attendees across our four markets (see our recap from Baltimore’s 2019 event). Clearly, that isn’t working during a pandemic.
This year, our tech-focused meetup of meetups is not only virtual (duh), it’s also including groups and their members from across Philly, Baltimore, D.C. and Delaware as well as lightning talks and interactive trivia about internet culture, computer history and local tech economies. Expect a tight 90 minutes of fun and inspiration.
Yes, it’ll be another Zoom link. But it’s gonna be fun, we swear.
Join these local groups and more from 4 to 5:30 p.m. EST on Thursday:
- Baltimore MDSN
- Baltimore Node Makerspace
- Baltimore Elixir and Erlang Meetup
- Baltimore Womxn in Tech Meetup
- Baltimore Techies for Good
- Code for Baltimore
- IGDA Baltimore
- Professions on Purpose
If you want your meetup to be a part of it, email us at email@example.com. If you’re interested in supporting our work, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s the schedule:
- 4 to 4:30 p.m. — Technical lightning talks:
- The Trust Algorithm: Build Trust to Achieve Cultural Transformation for a High-Performing Development Organization by Larry Maccherone, a distinguished engineer on Comcast’s cybersecurity team
- One more TBD
- 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. — Meetup shoutouts and trivia
And hey — keep an eye out for the dozen-plus companies from around the region that are looking to hire at the event, too.
BIW is going virtual in 2020. The Innovation Celebration is Oct. 9
Here’s where to find Baltimore at Philly Tech Week 2020
A new 1 Million Cups chapter is coming to Westminster
Civic hackers unite at the Python for City Government Process Improvement Meetup
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore