Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Festival of Lightsabers
As if you needed another reminder, time’s ticking on buying presents before the holidays (this Sunday, Dec. 22 for Chanukah, and (of course) next Wednesday, Dec. 25 for Christmas — thank us later). And while Baby Yoda may be blowing up the internet — and just the thing to raise your favorite rogue’s midi-chlorian count — he(?) won’t be available until after the holidays: Even as searches of “Baby Yoda” last month soared 7,000%, Hasbro announced that toy figurines of the force-powered Muppet Baby won’t be arriving until May. Better think of something else fast, lest you face the true nature of the force.
Tomorrow, the Technical.ly Awards are coming to D.C.! Join us in honoring the people and companies making a difference in our tech communities, including the 12 technologists chosen as the inaugural RealLIST Engineers. Bring plenty of business cards — you’ll want to network among this who’s-who of tech talent. Get your tickets here (and, psst, use the code “awardsflash” for 40% off).
The investor-entrepreneur relationship is a tricky one. Be too distant, and you’ll be called dumb money. Be too involved, and you’ll develop a reputation for micro-managing. Alicia Syrett, an angel investor and founder and CEO of Pantegrion Capital, offers plenty of insight in the latest “Off the Sidelines” episode, Technical.ly’s new investor-education podcast series produced in partnership with Project Entrepreneur, a program by UBS. Listen and subscribe here.
Do you love matching talent with opportunities, helping companies grow by finding them the best candidates possible? If you’re an ambitious professional who’s had it with inefficient and ineffective recruiting, you might be the perfect fit to join Technically Media as our Director of Talent Initiatives.
- Nava is seeking an Experienced Software Engineer – Backend.
- Storyblocks, offering stock video, audio, and image subscriptions at prices that can’t be beat, is hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
- Are you about fitness? Fittin’ this beautiful and highly usable product into your projects? Mariana Tek, which builds software as a service for boutique fitness operations, is looking for an Interaction Designer.
- The NPR mothership is seeking a talented full-stack developer for the role of Software Engineer. Bonus points if you’ve got an “NPR name.”
- 14 West in Baltimore is hiring a Qlik Developer to join Agora’s Business Intelligence department.
- 14 West is also seeking a Senior Business Analyst to work within a fast-paced, mature agile team.
- Asymmetrik in Annapolis Junction is hiring a Full Stack Developer.
- Geico in Chevy Chase is looking for an iOS Developer to implement cutting edge iOS applications for our customers.
- NETE, a full-service IT company in Germantown, is hiring a C# Developer.
- CareJourney, which provides actionable analytics for healthcare organizations, is hiring a Senior Data Engineer in Arlington.
- CareJourney is also hiring a Director of Data Analytics.
- StreetShares, the social lending marketplace, is seeking a Lead Frontend Software Engineer in Reston.
- CarFax in Centreville is looking for a Senior iOS Mobile Developer.
- DjangoForce is looking for a Remote U.S.-Based Salesforce Developer with Lightning component experience. Zeus need not apply.
- Research Square, a leader in ethical author-oriented solutions in the world of academic publishing, is hiring a Remote Machine Learning Software Engineer.
- DraftKings is hiring a Remote Lead Software Engineer SEO.
This is the last TWIJ of 2019! Good luck on gift-buying (pro-tip: subscriptions to this newsletter are free), on job-searching, and see you next decade!-30-
This Week in Jobs DMV: We’re Hear For You Edition
Power Moves: Mark Conway follows City Council primary win with new Chesapeake Conservancy role
This free training course aims to help unemployed Marylanders gain IT skills
This Week in Jobs DMV: Happy to See You Edition
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore