Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Best restaurants, best books — and now — the best places to dump your significant other, just before the holidays!
We may be a few weeks into cuffing season, but if things aren’t going the way you’d hoped, The Washington Post published its guide to the best places to tell your S/O “it’s not you, it’s me” in D.C. Democracy may die in darkness, but a whole bunch of relationships are about to die at these four spots around the nation’s capital. So the next time your partner suggests meeting up at The Royal, The Brixton, Meridian Hill/Malcolm X Park or (really?) Cava, be on alert.
Help Technical.ly cover local news that matters as our new Report for America fellow. Starting this spring, we’ll be bringing aboard a full-time reporter to cover economic development in the Baltimore region, thanks to support from the national journalism fellowship nonprofit Report for America. The position is available for up to two years. Read more and check out the application link here.
What does it take to be a successful investor? How can women and people of color break into a sector where the vast majority of executives and entrepreneurs are white men? Technical.ly’s new podcast, “Off the Sidelines” is working with Project Entrepreneur to break down barriers and make investment capital more inclusive by sharing the stories and insights of those making a difference in the industry. The series launches with interviewee Victoria Fram, a cofounder of Village Capital and managing director of VilCap Investments. Check it out here and subscribe for future episodes.
- Nava is hiring a Vice President of Engineering with at least five years of engineering leadership experience.
- Nava is also seeking an Infrastructure Engineer. The company is looking for candidates who have previous experience maintaining medium- or large-scale production systems.
- FiscalNote is hiring a Chief Technology Officer. It’s looking for candidates with 15-plus years of technology leadership experience, particularly with “delivering sophisticated, data-centric products in highly innovative web platforms with outstanding UI/UX design.”
- Social Tables, a hospitality SaaS developer, is hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
- SmartLogic in Baltimore is hiring a part-time Operations Manager.
- SmartLogic is also hiring a Chief of Staff to provide strategic and tactical support to the CEO. His expectations for the role are described here.
- Eliassen Group in Rockville is seeking a passionate Java Developer with at least two years of experience to join the firm as a Junior Java Developer.
- IT Services in Bethesda is looking for a Senior Java Full Stack Developer. Candidates should have at least six years of experience.
- Jobspring Partners in Rockville is hiring a Java Developer. You’ll help build the company’s new Dynamic Surveillance Platform, which will analyze 80 million petabytes of data each day to sniff out illegal activity, such as insider trading.
- Phone2Action in Rosslyn is hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer. The company builds digital engagement tools for organizations to help engage constituents in public policy campaigns.
- BlueAlly services in McLean is seeking a Full Stack Developer.
- This one’s from the Hays recruiting service: An IT service management company in Reston is seeking a Full Stack Developer.
- mgm technology partners in Alexandria is hiring a Senior Software Developer.
- Academic Analytics is seeking a Remote JR Software Developer.
- Royal Bank of Scotland is looking for a Remote Infrastructure Engineer Software Defined Network.
- HelpOn Inc. is hiring a Remote Embedded Linux Software Developer.
We may not have great dating advice here at Technical.ly, but we do know how to make matches for your career. Good luck out there (and if you decide that your plus one isn’t The One this season, you know where to go).-30-
This Week in Jobs DMV: Super Meetup 2020 Takeover
Healthcare AI company Olive picks Baltimore for first distributed office
This Week in Jobs DMV: We’re Hear For You Edition
Power Moves: Mark Conway follows City Council primary win with new Chesapeake Conservancy role
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore