Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
All of the Ripe Tomatoes
Kanye and Kim Kardashian West are apparently seeking harder, better, faster, stronger crop yields: The superstar couple is reportedly expanding its sprawling California ranch to include a private farm. We’ll see whether the move signals that Kimye is now joining the ranks of uber-rich survivalists, or if they’re simply seeking the pleasures of home-grown produce. But while they’re (gold) digging for potatoes, here’s hoping some of the harvest makes its way to Kanye’s famed Sunday Service show — sad pancakes and cold sausage at the VIP “brunchella” spurred one fan to proclaim she decidedly did not love it.
No quarterly earnings reports, no fanciful valuations, no VC overlords — a pair of software developers in Glen Arm have managed to bootstrap their way to 1 million users without any outside investment. TeamGantt, which has developed project management software based around so-called Gantt charts, started out building software for a local roofing company, but soon went full-time — and all-in — to launch a product it realized would fill a lucrative gap in the market. Through self-funding and digital marketing, it’s gone from two employees to nearly two dozen — and now counts Amazon, Nike, Disney and Netflix among its clients.
It’s awards season: The Technical.ly Awards are coming to Mindspace DC on Dec. 18, and you’re invited. Join Technical.ly as it honors the DMV tech glitterati who are making a difference, from the 12 technologists being crowned the inaugural RealLIST Engineers, to the winners of seven award categories. Tickets are on sale now. (Psst, if you’re a nominee or honoree, look in your inbox for a ticket code.) You may not need a tux, but be sure to bring business cards — this is a networking opportunity you won’t want to miss.
- NetCentrics Corporation, which provides IT services to U.S. federal agencies, is hiring a System Administrator.
- NetCentrics Corporation is also looking for a Junior AV/VTC Technician (SCLS).
- SAP is seeking a Senior Strategic Pursuit Advisor – Federal Civilian and Department of Defense Job to work closely with the company’s Federal Field sales leads, delivery leads, and partners for SAP’s “most strategic accounts.”
- The Washington Post is hiring a Professional Services Engineering Lead for its Arc Publishing product engineering and services group.
- SmartLogic in Baltimore is hiring a Chief of Staff to work directly with and provide strategic and tactical support to the CEO.
- 14 West is seeking an F5 Engineer to join its Infrastructure team in Baltimore
- LawIQ, which delivers business intelligence analytics, data and customer-driven research content and advisory content to the energy and financial sectors, is looking for a Software Engineer in Hunt Valley.
- Fastspot in Baltimore is hiring a Digital Project Manager.
- Maxar in Charlottesville is looking for a DevOps Engineer to put the finishing touches on an MVP for its customers.
- Maxar is also seeking a UI/UX Designer to join its Creative Team.
- SAP in Reston is hiring a Senior User Experience Design Specialist.
- SAP is also hiring a Senior Developer.
We’re looking forward to seeing if Kimye adopts organic or even biodynamic farming practices — unless, of course, they insist we can’t tell them nothing about non-sustainable agriculture.
See you next week.-30-
This Week in Jobs: Hot Date Edition
This Week in Jobs: Love Shack Edition
Tech job fair NET/WORK Baltimore comes to The Assembly Room on March 4
Technology is ever evolving — shouldn’t business education be, too?
This Week in Jobs: ‘They’re Worth What?’ Edition
10 inspiring quotes on tech careers, culture and innovation from ‘5 Questions’
This Week in Jobs: Stocking Stuffer Edition
How independence fuels confidence and professional development at SmartLogic
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore