Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Grab that Talenti and make a rezzo at Le Dip: More than 200 years after Pierre L’Enfant laid out the District’s boulevards and rotaries to evoke the European cities of his youth, ensuring stable employment for road-rage therapists for years to come, the District is finally one step closer to achieving the French engineer’s long-sought dream.
Rentable electric motor-scooters from Revel hit the streets across the city last week, meaning that for just 25 cents a mile, you and your beau can putter from Lafayette Square to L’Enfant Plaza, debating the finer points of philosophy while, naturally, browsing the listings on TWIJ. Just, s’il vous plaît, don’t drive them on the sidewalks. Here’s hoping French fashion takes over our city’s khakis-and-gingham culture next.
Think you’ve got a bright idea? Tell Verizon how you or your company would use its new 5G technology for a shot to win $1 million. The Built on 5G Challenge is seeking solutions in three general categories: industry, or helping businesses create new value for customers; immersive experiences, or building next-generation media and entertainment; and moonshots, solving big problems with radical new ideas for how we live, work and play.
Any company with no more than 200 employees can enter, and even if you don’t win, second and third place still take home prizes of $500,000 and $250,000. That’s a lot of scooter rides. The deadline to enter is Sept. 15.
We hope you Baltimore folks had a blast at Technical.ly’s Super Meetup 2019. And if you missed it, the event’s still coming to D.C. on Tuesday, Sept. 10. Get to know meetup groups and leaders outside your own meetup network, connect to new contacts, say hello to new friends, and maybe even meet your next hire or new client. Plus snacks, free beverages and merch.
- Nava is seeking an Experienced Software Engineer – Backend to join its crew of small teams building scalable infrastructure for government clients. You’ll have the chance to design, implement and deliver services that millions of Americans depend on. The position is also available in New York City and San Francisco.
- CoStar Group, who provides marketing and analytic services to the U.S. commercial real estate industry, is hiring a Marketing Graphic Designer.
- The Washington Post is hiring a QA Analyst. Democracy dies without A-B testing.
- 14 West in Baltimore is looking for a Product Operations Manager.
- Vectorworks is hiring a Process and Analytics Manager in Columbia to help its project teams get to the finish line.
- Avhana Health in Baltimore is seeking a Full Stack Engineer.
- Viget is hiring a Digital Project Manager in Falls Church.
- If you’re someone who streams sports and scores at work, LeagueApps, a digital sports media and technology company for local recreational sports, is seeking a Software Engineer for its Full-Stack SaaS Sports Platform. Not only is the company always streaming sports events for all to see or making field trips to the local sports bar, it’ll even pay the entrance fees for your local sports league.
- Ozmo is seeking a Product Designer in Blacksburg. Per the listing, “smarty pants” only, please.
- Chili Piper is hiring a Front End Developer for its product, which helps customers easily book a meeting or start a phone call with a business.
- If you’re familiar with 3D math and graphics, Prominent Edge is seeking a 3D Graphics Web Developer.
- MediaVine, an advertising management company that represents some 5,300 websites in food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment, is hiring a Publisher Support Engineer.
That’s it! Good luck on the job hunt, and stay upright on those scooters.-30-
Power Moves: Mike Kocorowski joins fast-growing Whitebox as CFO
This Week in Jobs: Bei Bei Goes Home Edition
This Week in Jobs: Kanye Farms Edition
How this lawyer is helping entrepreneurs bark up the right tree
This Week in Jobs: Influencer Edition
Lyft is providing rides to job training, interviews
This Week in Jobs: Here Fishy, Fishy Edition
Get to know SmartLogic’s culture of plants, podcasts and productive client relationships
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore