Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Well, we’ve reached the part of the year when crossing a parking lot feels like walking through soup, and even if you’ve already had some breaks and trips this summer, you probably need a vacation.
The stale humidity outside triggers a need for movement and change, so go find some nature or jump in some water — or just pass out in a cavern of AC.
No matter which choice you make, we hope it leaves you refreshed and ready to finish out the summer, since Labor Day will be here before you know it.
Two Maryland companies are shaping the future and getting recognized for it. Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab (APL) and Fulton-based Sonatype landed on Fast Company’s “Best Workplaces for Innovators” list, and the even better news is that both are hiring. Explore positions at APL here, and check out Sonatype’s open roles here.
Speaking of innovation, a lot of it will be happening in Alexandria, VA once the new Virginia Tech Innovation Campus opens. On Aug. 1, nearly 175 different firms came together for details on a public request for proposals for design services, all hoping to leave their mark on the institution. The school is staffing up ahead of the expansion, so take a look at their available careers here.
And if you desire more immediate innovation, consider coming to Philadelphia this Thursday, Aug. 15, for Comcast Labs Connect’s third annual PHLAI conference on artificial intelligence and machine learning. Experience workshops and demos on the latest tech, hear from expert speakers and tour the new Comcast Technology Center. Register here, and while you’re in Philly, swing by Technical.ly HQ and say hi!
- Public benefit corporation Nava is hiring for two roles: VP of Engineering as well as Infrastructure Engineer.
- Data analytics firm Summit Consulting is searching for an Analyst.
- If organization is your forte, take a look at this opening for a Certified Records Manager at Millican & Associates.
- Baltimore-based consultancy SmartLogic needs a Developer.
- The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) seeks a Data Analyst/UX Researcher to support the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Vectorworks has an open position for a Python Engineer in Columbia, MD.
- Creative agency Fastspot seeks a Business Development Manager in Baltimore.
- Programmatic recruitment platform Perengo is hiring a Full Stack Engineer in McLean, VA.
- Curiosity Media, which creates products for Spanish-English language learners, is in need of a Senior Software Engineer — Full Stack in Arlington.
- Modio Health has two openings in Virginia Beach: a Customer Success Associate and a Data Analyst/Form Mapping Specialist.
- Want to work in AI/ML? Dotscience is looking for a Remote Front End Developer to create “DevOps for AI” platform tools.
- grandcentrix seeks a Remote Software Engineer.
- CannaSafe is hiring a Remote Senior Rails Developer — its second full-time engineer, which means this role will have a big impact on the company and culture.
Looking on the other side of Labor Day, Technical.ly’s Super Meetup event series comes to D.C. on Tuesday, Sept. 10, in partnership with DC Startup Week. It’s a free gathering of various tech-related meetup groups in the area, and a great opportunity to network and hang out with likeminded technologists. Click this link to RSVP, and we’ll see you there!
That’s it for this week. Hope you get to enjoy some R&R as the summer winds down, and good luck on the job hunt!-30-
Power Moves: Leadership changes at CAMI and Maryland Momentum Fund
Super Meetup Baltimore expanded the network on a summer night
Say no to FOMO: Super Meetup is today at R. House
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
VitusVet gets investment from Nationwide Insurance
Bowie-based Trinity Cyber, led by NSA and White House alums, raises $23M
This Week in Jobs: Free money and free beer edition
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore