Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Maybe it’s the remnants of last week’s Capital Jazz Fest still pumping music through the air, but Smokey Robinson’s “Cruisin” keeps popping up in the head and it’s time to find a boat!
There’s something soothing about the sweet breeze across your skin, and the occasional not-so-sweet smell of fish across your nose, that you can only experience at our many harbors and wharfs in the DMV.
From the Baltimore Inner Harbor, to the waterfront in Old Town Alexandria, there’s a way to experience the Potomac and Anacostia rivers via private yachts, dinner cruises and sailing clubs. For a quick and cheap cruise, pay $10 and catch a water taxi between Alexandria, Georgetown and even Nationals Park. Get woozy on the water? The DC Wharf and National Harbor have some of the best views in the area.
McLean-based Logi Analytics has announced its second acquisition of the year, picking up Zoomdata, a data visualization software company. This acquisition will help Logi strengthen its expertise in embedded analytics capabilities. If you’re data-driven and looking for a growing company, check out the list of jobs at Logi Analytics.
Digital health startups recently had a chance to pitch ideas and win funding through a new partnership with CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield and LifeBridge Health. The two healthcare companies also announced a plan for an innovation center in Baltimore that will support startups looking for funding and collaboration. LifeBridge also has an opening for a Manager of IT Applications.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is used pretty much everywhere by everyone, and we’ve shared many jobs (like this DevOps one at Nava) that require some sort of experience in or knowledge of the service. If you want to get a solid education in cloud computing, AWS has announced a partnership with George Mason University and Northern Virginia Community College to launch degree programs in the subject.
If you’re looking for a company with water views, Under Armour’s global HQ in Baltimore is basically floating on the Patapsco River. Check out the company’s list of jobs, including this cool opening for a Global Cyber Security Engineer.
- Rooam is looking for a Sales Account Executive who can grow its list of D.C.-area restaurant partnerships.
- The Washington Post is hiring a Full Stack Developer to work on its subscription products.
- If you’re a stickler for app security and system resilience, check out this DevOps Engineer position at GetUpside.
- Morty has an eye out for a Loan Officer with a license in one of the DMV regions to join its team.
- Designers with both UI and UX chops should apply to SmartLogic’s opening for a Product Designer.
- There’s an opening at Protenus for an experienced Front End Engineer with a strong understanding of design and the portfolio to prove it.
- 14 West is looking for a Sr. Java Software Engineer.
- Viget is on the hunt for a Digital Project Manager who loves the digital space and can help bring ideas to life.
- Sports fans with SaaS chops should check out this Full Stack Engineer position at LeagueApps.
- Vemo Education is hiring a Sr. Financial Analyst.
Is there a Wi-Fi code on this boat? Because a remote office on the water would be kinda cool …
- Brand Maps Inc. is an early stage startup looking for a Project Manager to lead its flagship product, Panda Planner.
- In Marketing We Trust is hiring a Social Media Ads Specialist to join its team.
- Here’s another one for sports fans. DraftKings wants a Sr. Software Engineer to join its R&D team.
Not only can you cruise on D.C.’s water, but you can drink D.C.’s water too — and by “drink D.C.’s water,” we mean the DC Tap Water cocktail. This famous drink is a staple at Busboy and Poets and will definitely put you in the same relaxing mood as a water taxi.
In between cruisin’ and boozin’, be sure to keep tabs on our jobs page, which is available 24/7. Until next time, stay winning!-30-
On the Market: Senior software engineer roles and more tech job openings in Baltimore
Baltimore Corps wins $100K for platform connecting women and people of color to mission-driven tech jobs
This Week in Jobs: Jobs, advice and everything spice
How law firm Nemphos Braue is guiding startups along the new business learning curve
This Week in Jobs: The Declaration of Employment
Maryland is the best state to be a network administrator, study says
This Week in Jobs: The Shameless act of binging
Building a data acquisition system? Don’t make this mistake
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore