Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
The first half of 2019 is over. Don’t panic — you still have plenty of time to set and meet your goals, but you only have a couple months to enjoy the summer. It can get pretty crowded with tourists around D.C., so here is a list of drivable getaways perfect for this time of year.
If you love us too much to leave us, then get on the music train, because there are a ton of festivals going on around here. Capital Jazz Fest is this weekend, and tickets are still available. You gotta go see Gladys Knight!
If the sound of music hit a nerve (we hope it did), check out this local Client Solutions Partner role with Spotify.
Rockville-based software company Motionsoft has announced a fundraising round that it secured $17 million. Creating products that serve the health and wellness industry, Motionsoft says that the new round of funding will help grow its products and people, so be sure to check out its jobs page.
Peering and internet exchange points (IXP) are new concepts for the area, so we spent time with the network engineer making this happen in Baltimore. Devin Weaver, founder of BaltIX, gives us a quick lesson on the technology and its benefits to the city. If you’re into this concept, or want to hear more about IXP (and possibly some job opportunities) RSVP to BaltIX’s workshop on June 13.
Accessibility Month just ended, but the concept of an inclusive digital age will definitely continue to be a major push for organizations. In order to help you talk the talk, we built a glossary based on local experts’ suggestions of the terms they think everyone should learn.
We have quite a few jobs that mention Amazon Web Services (AWS), and while AWS isn’t a hard requirement for each gig, we wanted to call it out. Here’s a link to Amazon’s hub that explains all things AWS if you want to test your knowledge.
- The Washington Post is looking for a Software Engineer to join its analytics team, as well as an experienced Full Stack Engineer to work with its editorial products.
- If you’re an experienced developer who knows your way around AWS and other DevOps applications, check out this Infrastructure Engineer position with Nava.
- Alley is seeking an energetic, experienced General Manager to be the face of its space.
- Engineers experienced in building large-scale Web applications and eligible for high security clearances should apply to this Full Stack Developer role at Asymmetrik.
- 14 West is hiring a WordPress Developer and Project Specialist to join its Baltimore team.
- Love the dark web? Here is a cool Software Engineer position with Terbium Labs where you can help create a dark web monitoring system.
- Vemo Education is hiring a Sr. Financial Analyst.
- Hatch is on the hunt for a stellar Saas VP of Sales to help lead and grow the sales team.
- Product managers with strong chops in data science should check out this Sr. Product Manager role at Poplicus.
- Drops is a language-learning app searching for a Visual Designer to join its team.
- Heetch is looking for a Backend Engineer with 5+ years of experience, and an interest in disrupting the transportation industry.
- SemanticBits, a digital health services company, is hiring a Data Scientist.
“Hello, Dolly!” is now playing at the Kennedy Center, and in honor of the iconic musical, we’ll leave you with this popular quote:
“Money, pardon the expression, is like manure. It’s not worth a thing unless it’s spread around, encouraging young things to grow.”
We hope you are well on your way to spreading this metaphorical manure around, and if these jobs weren’t enough, check out our jobs page 24/7. Until next time, stay winning!-30-
Power Moves: Leadership changes at CAMI and Maryland Momentum Fund
This Week in Jobs: Take an innovacation
Super Meetup Baltimore expanded the network on a summer night
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
This Week in Jobs: Peace and Love Edition
VitusVet gets investment from Nationwide Insurance
Bowie-based Trinity Cyber, led by NSA and White House alums, raises $23M
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore