Technical.ly file photo.
Let’s level for a moment: We think journalism can have a huge impact on connecting a city’s workforce with growing, innovative companies.
Hopefully you’ve seen our increased focus on content about opportunities and career growth, such as our This Week in Jobs newsletter, our growing local tech jobs board, or last month’s editorial focus on how you can get hired.
We also think that journalism helps us as an organization be smarter about how we deliver info about things we’re promoting — like by taking a deep dive into the data behind the scenes of our tech jobs fair NET/WORK, which goes down this Thursday, March 14, at the University of Baltimore.
Will there be a job there for you? That data says it’s likely.
Each year, we poll our attending companies about the roles they’ll have open at NET/WORK. Here’s a look at the data behind the open roles that companies will be promoting at the event.
What industry categories/verticals best align with your organization?
We asked companies to define the industries they’re in. In some cases, companies had multiple answers, if for example it was a digital agency in the healthcare space.
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Natural Language Processing: 29%
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality: 14%
- Cloud Computing: 29%
- Consumer: 14%
- Cybersecurity: 43%
- Data and Analytics: 43%
- Digital Agency or Web Development Firm: 14%
- Financial Services: 29%
- Healthcare: 29%
- Networking or Infrastructure: 14%
- Open Source: 14%
- Software: 5%
- Tech Training / Digital Access: 14%
- Telecommunications: 14%
- University or Government: 14%
How many positions are you looking to fill right now?
- 14% of companies said 1 to 2 jobs
- 71% companies said 3 to 5 jobs
- 14% of companies said 6 to 10 jobs
In the aggregate, the survey says to expect more than 60 tech jobs available at NET/WORK.
What roles are you hiring for?
As expected, those involved with developing product in the tech space are the most sought after at NET/WORK. Open engineering and software development roles make up 43 percent of the total roles, backed by UX/Design positions at 19 percent. But tech companies need all kinds of talent: In this case, 36 percent of the jobs at NET/WORK are focused on operations, business development, marketing and other crucial positions.
- Engineering/Development: 43% of total roles available
- UX/Design: 19% of total roles available
- Operations/Project Management: 19% of total roles available
- Sales/Business Development: 13% of total roles available
- Marketing/Social: 4% of total roles available
- Other: 4% of total roles available
Get your ticket now for NET/WORK Baltimore, taking place this Thursday, March 14.
SmartLogic and GeBBS Consulting want to meet you at NET/WORK Baltimore
Put your personal story first at NET/WORK Baltimore this Thursday
12 must-know facts about the companies attending NET/WORK Baltimore
At 14 West, only go-getters need apply
5 hiring pros share their strategies to keep top talent
Job hunting? Meet 5 people who found gigs at our NET/WORK tech jobs fair
Facet Wealth, BurnAlong and Terbium Labs are hiring at NET/WORK Baltimore. Will you be there?
Learn to lead digital transformation at Phorum 2019
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore